Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: ARMY NAVY IN ALLENTOWN GETS THE AWARD FOR OUTLANDOUS PRICES !

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    About 10 years ago I stocked up on reloading supplies for all calibers I have. Over the next year or so I reloaded thousands of rounds. Wife kept asking me why so much? Because, dear, one day ammo will be currency.
    In a society where ammo is currency, it's probably a bad idea to arm your neighbors.

Learn to can peaches and tomatoes, learn to sharpen tools. Useful skills that won't create the armed gang that eventually takes over your home.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    In a society where ammo is currency, it's probably a bad idea to arm your neighbors.

Learn to can peaches and tomatoes, learn to sharpen tools. Useful skills that won't create the armed gang that eventually takes over your home.
    LOL I did think that through eventually. Not a good idea to let the neighbors know what you have. But well said, GL

Make a sticky and list all the stores/sites that gouged their prices. When the dust clears,boycott them and teach em a lesson.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCan99 View Post
    Make a sticky and list all the stores/sites that gouged their prices. When the dust clears,boycott them and teach em a lesson.
    I like this idea. But we need to give actual examples of an increase that is clearly gouging. Make it conservative at 2.5-3X? We wouldn't want to blacklist anyone just because their supplier cost went up a little (and the major wholesaler prices are not skyrocketing).

The reason I say this is because you can't just think of the best price you got something for a year or two ago and say if something is more expensive now they are gouging. Someone posted earlier today that Midway had some primers in stock limited to 1000 per person. Even though they were all gone by the time I looked I noticed all of their primers are now at least $40. And with shipping and hazmat added was another $23. If you told me a year ago Midway was selling primers for $63 for 1000 I would have laughed or cursed. But thinking about it more I do not think they are "gouging" $40 is close enough to the $35 I last paid and you always had to pay the hazmat extortion fee. You just bought a lot more to offset the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I like this idea. But we need to give actual examples of an increase that is clearly gouging. Make it conservative at 2.5-3X? We wouldn't want to blacklist anyone just because their supplier cost went up a little (and the major wholesaler prices are not skyrocketing).

The reason I say this is because you can't just think of the best price you got something for a year or two ago and say if something is more expensive now they are gouging. Someone posted earlier today that Midway had some primers in stock limited to 1000 per person. Even though they were all gone by the time I looked I noticed all of their primers are now at least $40. And with shipping and hazmat added was another $23. If you told me a year ago Midway was selling primers for $63 for 1000 I would have laughed or cursed. But thinking about it more I do not think they are "gouging" $40 is close enough to the $35 I last paid and you always had to pay the hazmat extortion fee. You just bought a lot more to offset the cost.
    Ok lets agree on 2.5 times or maybe we can take a vote here. Not sure if this site is set up for a vote.

Some might be suspicious of a new member who wants to use the site to destroy gun stores.

Not me, of course. I'm as trusting as Forrest Gump. But others.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Monroe County)

one of them might try to sue you for that...
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Ok. No sticky then. Let us live and let live. Not ok to completely cancel someone/store for a little price gouging. And this is not the first time I knowingly over paid for something. Heck, there were numerous times I over paid for something that I didn't even need. Also, the price gougers probably have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Not a good idea to make such a sticky. I take that back.

(Luzerne County)

orange can99

In your opinion, which NEPA gun shop has remained the fairest over the last 10 months ... and which shop has been the naughtiest?

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    orange can99

In your opinion, which NEPA gun shop has remained the fairest over the last 10 months ... and which shop has been the naughtiest?
    Nimrod haven and the wilkesbarre Walmart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast