Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Who makes a top tier AR15?

I'mma tell arfcom about THIS thread!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

If I could have any AR for free I*d want either an LWRC, BCM, or Sons of Liberty. All my ARs are Anderson stripped lowers with PSA upper and lower parts kits. I never had any issue with any of my ARs but I also don*t have thousands of rounds through them and I don*t abuse the hell out of them. For my lifestyle, they*re fine. If I could carry a personal AR at work, I*d probably get a Geissele Super Duty then add on an Aimpoint optic and Surefire weaponlight. On the topic of optics, I think Primary Arms are the best bang for your buck right now.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Luzerne County)

[QUOTE=marketermac;4326600]I have 3 different JP rifles and I'd take any of them to war.

What configuration JP's do you have?

Did you order them from factory or find some in stock somewhere?

(Perry County)

My newest AR I bought specifically as SHTF grade. It's a Centurion Arms. Look them up, I'd put it against BCM, LWRC, Daniel Defense, FN and a few of the other top tier rifles.

PSA, thanks to their broad inventory can be lower, mid and arguably upper tier depending on what you buy.

I'd put Colt at mid-tier mostly because they don't care at all about fit and finish. They have the right parts and function fine. But one of the things that make upper tier is attention to detail. Sure, a flawless gun may not function better but for the money, Colts should be nicer.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

I would check out M4Carbine.net...

Most would agree that KAC, BCM, LWRC, Colt, Daniel Defense, Sionics, etc...are great because of the type of parts materials and QC that goes behind the product to ensure quality..

PSA is OK, but it is always the QC and assembly that gets them bad marks. Nothing really wrong with a PSA lower, but are the springs top quality? I have one as a range gun, but I also bought one of their premium uppers with the FN barrel

I prefer BCM, basically because of the materials they choose and QC that goes behind what they sell.... they stand behind their product.

(Cumberland County)

I would argue that current production Colt ARs are mid-tier at best. They pretty much just get parts from suppliers and slap them together (like lots of others) with their name on it.

Where does Aero fall into the mix? I think their complete rifles would be the high end of mid-tier.

In the current climate it seems like lower-tier ARs have gone up in price to meet mid-tier but mid-tier and upper-tier ARs haven't really changed much in price.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    Where does Aero fall into the mix? I think their complete rifles would be the high end of mid-tier.
    I'd agree with that. Last summer I got a complete Aero rifle put together (complete upper and lower) and it's pretty nice. Stock trigger is leagues above any stock PSA trigger I've used.

As another poster said - PSA can be all over the place. I've had pistol ARs from them that were literal bullet hoses, but then I also have a PSA 20 in heavy barrel that gets nearly same hole accuracy at 100 yards.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    I have 3 different JP rifles and I'd take any of them to war.
    What configuration JP's do you have?

Did you order them from factory or find some in stock somewhere?
    I have an 18" in 223, a 16" in 223 and one of their 9mm carbines.
    The 18" I bought from their used inventory directly from them. The 16" I bought parts from them and assembled myself. The 9mm I did buy from another retailer, assembled at the factory.

All of this was prepanic, so availability wasn't an issue. I've had zero malfunctions from any of them except wearing out a barrel, and each has round counts well into the thousands. The 16" is on it's second barrel. The 9mm has to be in the 10s of thousands, still shoots the same as when I got it.

Like I said though, I have similar PSA rifles that have performed just as well, they just aren't as accurate, and definitely not as nice to shoot.

I do.
    I assemble as top tier as I am willing to pay. build your own.
    Save your money, put it into the barrel, optics and trigger.
    Everything else is just eye candy
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Chester County)

Assuming everything functions fine, I*d say barrel, bolt, and trigger (that*s subjective) are the parts you should concentrate on the most during a build.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast