Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Who makes a top tier AR15?

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    BCM, because unlike so many others, they TRULY believe in the 2nd amendment, holding those who enforce unconstitutional laws to the same standard as any citizen:

[FONT="]The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible civilians having access to the same tools of Law Enforcement to effect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. [/FONT]As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

After seeing that this was their policy, I will 100% support them.

I'll probably never buy a Geiselle product- used to really want to support their company until I looked into them more. They've told me all I need to know when they charge me $950 more than someone else because of my profession, or when they tried to charge $22 for D&H mags sold by BCM and PSA for $10 (and only changed the price cause they got called out for it), or when you can buy LaRue's triggers for half what G sells theirs for, or when they sued a Marine they used as a consultant (which LaRue offered to pay the legal fees for...), or when they sued other gun companies, or when they said they'd address the zero shift issue with their rails and never did, then tried to bury it... nah, I'm good.
    I love my BCMs....Geiselle is meh to me... I have a couple of their triggers, but the Larue MBT has them beat at this point. That reminds me I should order another MBT for a build

(Lehigh County)

Geez, I shouldn't have looked at this thread. I have a DPMS upper and an ALG ACT trigger on my AR-15 build.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    Geez, I shouldn't have looked at this thread. I have a DPMS upper and an ALG ACT trigger on my AR-15 build.
    It’s better to know how to properly use a $450.00 AR then to have that $2000.00 sitting in the safe.

Buy what’s realistic and spend the rest on learning how to use it. That will prove a lot more useful if it ever becomes time to actually have to use it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    The pre-Freedom Group Bushmaster is now the Windham Weaponry, which apparently the "chart" thinks belonging in the bottom tier...
    That's another adjustment that I would make... Bump up Windham a tier.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It*s better to know how to properly use a $450.00 AR then to have that $2000.00 sitting in the safe.

Buy what*s realistic and spend the rest on learning how to use it. That will prove a lot more useful if it ever becomes time to actually have to use it.
    I think you just convinced me to keep shooting my Bushmaster and spend the $$ on more training..
    It sounds so reasonably obvious, but I see guys at my club with beautiful new rifles and talk myself into *needing* one..

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    I think you just convinced me to keep shooting my Bushmaster and spend the $$ on more training..
    It sounds so reasonably obvious, but I see guys at my club with beautiful new rifles and talk myself into *needing* one..
    Peer pressure is an absolute bitch...even if it is at the subconscious level
    -Brandon

(Bucks County)

Well I ordered a Larue upper recently ...well because they have good barrels and the upper kit right now with the MBT trigger and other lower parts is a good deal...

The biggest thing with ARs is quality components...some manufacturers use cheaper stuff and hit or miss QC..

(Lancaster County)

It's a fact that those bottom tier AR's can be made just as accurate of the top tier by the simple installation of an accuwedge.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    The pre-Freedom Group Bushmaster is now the Windham Weaponry, which apparently the "chart" thinks belonging in the bottom tier...
    THE WINDHAM WEAPONRY STORY
    A team of the finest firearms manufacturers in the U.S.A. has been re-assembled to bring to market the highest quality AR type rifle possible. These good Maine folks * most of whom are former employees of Bushmaster Firearms * offer many years of experience in the industry, and all look forward to working with you, to serving your needs, and to building you a great rifle.

When the people who bought Bushmaster in 2006 decided to move it *lock, stock and barrel* out of Maine to New York in 2011, the original Bushmaster owner, Mr. Richard **** was left with both a dilemma and an opportunity. Almost to the day of the 2011 move, Mr. *****s non-compete clause expired. He still owned the property where Bushmaster had been built, and knew all the workers * now laid off * who had helped him build it. He made a decision to *get back in the game* and promptly put an email out to many of his former employees and friends asking if there was interest in joining him for a new project.

With a resounding *yes* of support, he gathered the financing in two days, and started bringing people back into their long-time Windham manufacturing home. Phoenix-like, Windham Weaponry was on the rise. Within three months, the first productions models of the new Windham Weaponry line had been perfected and delivered. Quality, fit, finish, durability, accuracy and value were all superb * giving credence to Windham Weaponry*s motto *The Quality Goes In, Before The Rifle Goes Out*.

The firearms industry and consumers welcomed this new effort warmly, old friends and contacts were re-established, and sales grew. In less than a year and a half, Windham Weaponry had brought back almost 70 employees, benchmarked impressive sales numbers, and established their name as one of the pre-eminent firearms manufacturers in the country.

The press heralded it as *truly an American success story*, and all due to the vision of its founder. Further growth for Windham Weaponry has already been planned and implemented.

*The Quality Goes In, Before The Rifle Goes Out*.

''Dick ****!''
    '
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

If it's been working properly, then there's really no big push. I also think everyone should be very familiar with the platform from a troubleshooting and maintenance perspective. That's helps preserve the longevity of your rifle.

I just shot my buddy's Radical that he just got and I was very impressed with it. Nicely gassed, good milspec trigger (as far as milspec goes), good accuracy and lightweight.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast