Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Who makes a top tier AR15?

The Geissele rifles are something alright. And made in PA!

I have that damn 20% coupon I'm trying to sell with proceeds going to GOA and no one wants to bite! I don't get it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    I see your point, range shooting vs shtf..
    I guess more a SHTF scenario and you had to fight your way back home. you really can't anticipate what your gonna come up against... CQ or long range shots... what AR would you want in your hands..? (that would be top tier)
    SHTF - you would not be concerned about long range unless you envision armageddon, red dawn, etc.

CQB - most mid-tier on up that use predominatly mil-spec components (such as Colt 6920) would do. May lack the gadgets and call-of-duty type of appeal, These are defined to function reliably for a long time.

Long range - go custom or build your won. Fundamentally, spec the barrel/bolt you need, mount it in a quality upper w/ good free float quad rail, pick the trigger you like, and mount the optic of your choice.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    ...how it was during the 2012 panic.
    Everyone wanted an AR15 or AK47 before they were banned and low end guns were selling for 3-4 times the normal price, while the formerly expensive guns didn't climb in price by all that much.
    People were willing to pay $1,500 for a $500 AR15, but nobody is going to pay $4,500 for a $1,500 AR15.
    Great observation!

BCM, because unlike so many others, they TRULY believe in the 2nd amendment, holding those who enforce unconstitutional laws to the same standard as any citizen:

The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible civilians having access to the same tools of Law Enforcement to effect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

After seeing that this was their policy, I will 100% support them.

I'll probably never buy a Geiselle product- used to really want to support their company until I looked into them more. They've told me all I need to know when they charge me $950 more than someone else because of my profession, or when they tried to charge $22 for D&H mags sold by BCM and PSA for $10 (and only changed the price cause they got called out for it), or when you can buy LaRue's triggers for half what G sells theirs for, or when they sued a Marine they used as a consultant (which LaRue offered to pay the legal fees for...), or when they sued other gun companies, or when they said they'd address the zero shift issue with their rails and never did, then tried to bury it... nah, I'm good.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    BCM, because unlike so many others, they TRULY believe in the 2nd amendment, holding those who enforce unconstitutional laws to the same standard as any citizen:

[FONT="]The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible civilians having access to the same tools of Law Enforcement to effect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. [/FONT]As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

After seeing that this was their policy, I will 100% support them.

I'll probably never buy a Geiselle product- used to really want to support their company until I looked into them more. They've told me all I need to know when they charge me $950 more than someone else because of my profession, or when they tried to charge $22 for D&H mags sold by BCM and PSA for $10 (and only changed the price cause they got called out for it), or when you can buy LaRue's triggers for half what G sells theirs for, or when they sued a Marine they used as a consultant (which LaRue offered to pay the legal fees for...), or when they sued other gun companies, or when they said they'd address the zero shift issue with their rails and never did, then tried to bury it... nah, I'm good.
    The Geissele LE rifles have many less features than the commercial super duty... They don't have the REBCG, surefire flash hider, SSA-x trigger, airborne CH or upgraded grip. And the cheaper LE model doesn't have the MK16 rail. All of that roughly adds up to the price difference. Maybe not all the way but they are not the same rifles at all.

Your other points are not unfair, but wanted to throw in my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The Geissele LE rifles have many less features than the commercial super duty... They don't have the REBCG, surefire flash hider, SSA-x trigger, airborne CH or upgraded grip. And the cheaper LE model doesn't have the MK16 rail. All of that roughly adds up to the price difference. Maybe not all the way but they are not the same rifles at all.

Your other points are not unfair, but wanted to throw in my perspective.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize there was that much difference between the models. I looked and you're right.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Montgomery County)

Finally found the chart I was looking for...

Stag and Midwest should each be bumped up a tier. And I'm sure other things could be adjusted, but here it is:

(Montgomery County)

Stag and Midwest should each be bumped up a tier. And I'm sure other things could be adjusted, but here it is:

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I was looking for.. easy for my small brain to process

(Chester County)

I think with your comments this fairly accurate. Although, I may take an Aero rifle over a Colt one these days.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

What about "Cobbled together using parts from all tiers shown"?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast