Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Holster feedbak

(Beaver County)

Default Holster feedbak

I just nabbed the ShapeShift holster from alien gear and I have to say I like it a lot. It has two key parts made from a hard polymer. One side contains the adjustable retention unit, and you secure the trigger guard of the system to this unit. I really like the comfort, retention adjustment, grip access, and concealment. I did not have to change the cant or ride height, so those were non-issues. I did have a minor potential issue with the size of the base but still solid. Draw is a bit slower from an outside the waistband holster, where I did not have to pull up my shirt to access the gun. My M&P stayed put, yet was fast to draw on the range. Solid find I would suggest taking a look if your needing a holster. Any holsters you prefer or have tried? Curious how it stacks up!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Holster feedbak

Quote Originally Posted by OwenP View Post
    Any holsters you prefer or have tried? Curious how it stacks up!
    Lots of holsters over the last 35 years of EDC for me. But without any doubt my favorite holster is the Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard. I've been using these holsters (different guns over the years) since the early 90s. Nothing else has come close to this holster. I carry my gun in this holster during the Spring, Fall and Winter. During the Summer or when I want/need more concealment I use one of my IWB holsters.

For IWB wear, I usually use my Sparks SSII, I also will use a Comp Tac CTAC or MTAC holster from time to time. I have several IWB Kydex holsters from Tulster too.

Current EDC gun is a Shadow Systems MR918 so these holsters are all for Glock 19 size guns.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Lancaster County)

My favorite OWB are C Rusty Sherrick's US and Vertical High Ride horsehide holsters. For IWB Milt Sparks Executive Companion and SSII. Beyond that I have a beer case full of once tried holsters

(Lehigh County)

OWB -- safariland is all I use

IWB -- TRex Arms sidecar