Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger sr9 - kind of a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    It would be interesting to see a picture of the striker, especially the tip. I wonder if your original test cartidges damaged it. When making up test cartriges, it is a good idea to fill the primer hole with a piece of hard rubber or similar material.
    The striker isn't damaged. Gun is restored to factory original. Found the box and manual. It'll be a great gun for somebody to take to the range once and stick in their nightstand for eternity.

-Zach

I tried an SR9 and SR40 when they first were introduced. I thought they were both snappier than other polymer pistols of the same size and weight.

(Delaware County)

Just let me know when it comes up for sale. I would be interested.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Chester County)

I think the SR series was better than the American series. If Ruger got rid of the magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, and manual safety then it would be a great pistol. I had a Ruger SR9C and it was really accurate if I did my part. Sadly, I sold it to fund something else. I wouldn*t buy another one unless Ruger *upgraded* it to my previously mentioned suggestions.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I think the SR series was better than the American series. If Ruger got rid of the magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, and manual safety then it would be a great pistol. I had a Ruger SR9C and it was really accurate if I did my part. Sadly, I sold it to fund something else. I wouldn*t buy another one unless Ruger *upgraded* it to my previously mentioned suggestions.

I think the Security 9 is a better pistol than the SR9 or the Ruger American, but I like the P85 more.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Unfortunately, I've lost all confidence in the SR line. My first pistol was an SR9c. I liked it, but it had problems with light primer strikes and not going into battery that a trip back to Ruger didn't fix. I traded it in for something more reliable. Just yesterday I talked to another guy who had similar problems.

We had a guy in state constable basic training who had an SR9 jam-o-matic. Nothing tries everyone's patience more than waiting after every course of fire for a shooter and instructor to fumble with an unreliable gun.

I like the way they feel in my hand. I understand that some of them have been reliable. But I've seen too many problems to trust them, especially when there are much more reliable options.

(York County)

Hmm, I have an SR9 that I bought new in 2011. Has been fine for me. I changed to a metal guide rod and removed the magazine disconnect. I can dry fire with snap caps as well no problem.
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Unfortunately, I've lost all confidence in the SR line. My first pistol was an SR9c. I liked it, but it had problems with light primer strikes and not going into battery that a trip back to Ruger didn't fix. I traded it in for something more reliable. Just yesterday I talked to another guy who had similar problems.

We had a guy in state constable basic training who had an SR9 jam-o-matic. Nothing tries everyone's patience more than waiting after every course of fire for a shooter and instructor to fumble with an unreliable gun.

I like the way they feel in my hand. I understand that some of them have been reliable. But I've seen too many problems to trust them, especially when there are much more reliable options.
    Regarding light primer strikes, Galloway Precision does make stronger striker springs.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12