Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: AK vs. AR

Threaded View

Default AK vs. AR

I know this debate has come up plenty of times. But looking at it through current day eyes..... I think I would have to go with an ak solely based on current ammo price and availability

You can find 1000 rounds of 7.62 for about $350 per 1000 rounds. It*s a $150 more than at the start of the year..... but still less than double before Corona.

The cheapest I can find for 5.56/.223 is $699 for steel case Tul Ammo. You could get brass cased ar ammo for under $300 before Corona. Not sure what Steel case was going for. That*s about $400 more than pre Corona.

$350 for ak ammo vs. $700 for ar ammo..... $350 more per 1000 for ar ammo. That's a lot for most people.

If you want to stock up on say..... 5000 rounds because you don*t know where things are going, you are looking at $1750 for ak ammo and $3500 for ar ammo. that*s a heck of a lot of money.

One of the advantages of ar*s is that they had gotten cheaper. That is currently negated.

I*ve been telling people to stock up on ar*s and ar ammo for the last couple of years. I think I will be changing my advice for awhile.
    Last edited by internet troll; December 1st, 2020 at 09:12 AM.