Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: ONE OF A KIND... 9mm Kimber k6S 3inch revolver conversion

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i also think a break top with moonclips would be 2nd kind of cool... both pinnacle and tk custom do a conversion for a Schofield 45acp w moonclips that is badass.
    AAAARGGGGHHHH! I've always thought a moon-clip fed top break revolver would be a great defense weapon! But given today's high strength alloys why would something as large as the Schofield be needed? Imagine that dream of yours in a K or L sized frame! BTW speaking of high strength alloys, the strongest steel I know of runs 60,000 PSI in tensile strength Titanium alloys start at 63,000 PSI tensile strength. Scandium reinforced aluminum runs about 50,700 PSI.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    AAAARGGGGHHHH! I've always thought a moon-clip fed top break revolver would be a great defense weapon! But given today's high strength alloys why would something as large as the Schofield be needed? Imagine that dream of yours in a K or L sized frame! BTW speaking of high strength alloys, the strongest steel I know of runs 60,000 PSI in tensile strength Titanium alloys start at 63,000 PSI tensile strength. Scandium reinforced aluminum runs about 50,700 PSI.
    i would totally potentially jeopardize my life for the 2nd cool factor of carrying a k-frame sized, break top revolver... maybe an eye patch too, i dunno id have to work out the look and try some things.

yes you are right about 'strength' in the strictest sense but titanium can be susceptible to 'flame cutting' when the gases leak/ escape the cone etc so i used the wrong term there.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    i would totally potentially jeopardize my life for the 2nd cool factor of carrying a k-frame sized, break top revolver... maybe an eye patch too, i dunno id have to work out the look and try some things.

yes you are right about 'strength' in the strictest sense but titanium can be susceptible to 'flame cutting' when the gases leak/ escape the cone etc so i used the wrong term there.
    Well you never can tell. Maybe some Mechanical Engineer genius is reading this and and thinking of something "new" to tinker with! Maybe for now I'll put that Schofield I've always wanted a little higher on the wish list.

They had them in 9mm for the K6S already.

hey I'm very new to firearms, would the 9mm moon clips for the K6S (if there even are anymore) work for 357/38 special?

(Philadelphia County)

You don't need them for rimmed cartridges.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

How about a five shot in a S&W M frame or even an I. That would really hid in a pocket.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Susquehanna County)

Lots of luck with your 986! I've had one a couple years now and the more I shoot it the more I like it! N frame with an 8 round cylinder or maybe more? would be interesting!

(Philadelphia County)

I converted an N frame 8shot 327 pug nose to 9mm, awesome but tough appendix carrying an N frame.. also did a 9mm conversion of TRR8 which i regret selling. I have a taurus 617 stainless 9mm up for sale in the classifieds that honestly is the softest/ easiest to carry 9mm revolvers that I have ever shot and I have shot them all - even a medusa...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12