Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default CC purse/EDC bag for wife

Anyone have any good experiences/recommendations for a CC purse or small EDC bag? Can be a purse but doesnt have to be, also open to a small backpack or messenger type bag. Feminine design not required, but would like to avoid anything that screams tactical.

Wife is looking to carry periodically but a holster is not the best option right now due to limited options for the gun in question (LCRx with fullsize grip and barrel), comfort and attire (typically not something that will work well with a holster). Belly band is under consideration also.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CC purse/EDC bag for wife

Not a direct answer to your purse question, but I'll throw this belly-band type option out: Pistol Wear. https://www.pistolwear.com/pt-2-concealment-holster/

It's my running holster. The draw is slower than molasses but it could work for your situation. Another good option is the Remora holster which I'd bet they have the correct size for (they have tons of options). Probably nothing you don't already know, but there are some significant downsides to off-body purse carry.. but also to each their own and everyone has to develop a carry system that works!

(Allegheny County)

Check out Ukoala bags.

(Beaver County)

Bought my wife a Gun Totting Mama purse 3 or 4 years ago. She uses it everyday, conceals extremely well and makes her pistol easily accessible. https://www.gtmoriginal.com/
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Juniata County)

Not a fan of purse carry, for all the obvious reasons. My wife really likes her flash bang holster.

https://thewellarmedwoman.com/produc...gory/holsters/

That website has lots of options, specifically tailored to women.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Not a fan of purse carry, for all the obvious reasons. My wife really likes her flash bang holster.

https://thewellarmedwoman.com/produc...gory/holsters/

That website has lots of options, specifically tailored to women.
    I agree, purse carry wasn't my number one choice for my wife BUT it's the only option where she carries everyday and everyplace she goes. I'd rather see her pistol in her purse and with her then at home on her dresser. Her purse is well designed and she can access her pistol almost as fast as I can draw, she wears cross body, the strap is a leather covered cable
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by V-MAN View Post
    I agree, purse carry wasn't my number one choice for my wife BUT it's the only option where she carries everyday and everyplace she goes. I'd rather see her pistol in her purse and with her then at home on her dresser. Her purse is well designed and she can access her pistol almost as fast as I can draw, she wears cross body, the strap is a leather covered cable
    Can't argue there. If you have a set "system" and you know it's strengths and weaknesses then it becomes less of an issue. Clearly your wife isn't just tossing it in there to have it get buried under the tic tacs, cell phone and makeup.

(Northumberland County)

Thanks all, appreciate the suggestions and will look into all. Agree on bag/purse carry not being ideal, but better than nothing (which is what it is right now).

(Chester County)

Off body carry is a potential problem. Hand bags can easily be stolen or forgotten. It's not recommended. The belly band is a much better option and maybe look for other on body carry options. I don't recommend hanging a gun from the brassiere either. If you're going to carry you have to make some adjustments to your lifestyle choices and clothing.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Can't argue there. If you have a set "system" and you know it's strengths and weaknesses then it becomes less of an issue. Clearly your wife isn't just tossing it in there to have it get buried under the tic tacs, cell phone and makeup.
    Had the same arguments with my wife, she changed her mind when she left it in a restaurant during a work trip.

She found something she liked at well armed women.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast