Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CC purse/EDC bag for wife

My wife also carries in a belly band when a holster doesn't work. She actually PREFERS the bely band because it's so comfortable. I have one that I use frequently too, they're great.

She also knows that purse and off-body carry is stupid and NEVER does it. A purse is already a targeted item in thefts and attacks, why the heck would you keep your firearm in it?

My wife also left her purse in a restaurant once last year, proving the point.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Thanks all, appreciate the suggestions and will look into all. Agree on bag/purse carry not being ideal, but better than nothing (which is what it is right now).

Has your wife ever forgotten her purse someplace like a restaurant or a friend's car, taxi, etc? If the answer is yes, even one time, then off body carry is a bad idea.

(Northumberland County)

Ended up getting Vertx bag on sale. Smaller than a typical backpack but big enough and customizable that we can use for other purposes if she doesnt like it for carry use/switches to another carry method. She's not much of a traditional handbag type of girl, and this fits the need a bit better for having other compartments, comfort, etc.

Definitely hear the concerns on off body carry and ran through all that with her, including the additional vigilance she'll need in order to draw quickly. Though always a possibility, forgetting a bag has not been an issue to date. My plan is to get her a belly band sooner than later also, and have her try both. She's extremely comfortable with/around guns, but hasn't necessarily taken much interest until recently so trying to build on that and make it as enjoyable as possible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Ended up getting Vertx bag on sale. Smaller than a typical backpack but big enough and customizable that we can use for other purposes if she doesnt like it for carry use/switches to another carry method. She's not much of a traditional handbag type of girl, and this fits the need a bit better for having other compartments, comfort, etc.

Definitely hear the concerns on off body carry and ran through all that with her, including the additional vigilance she'll need in order to draw quickly. Though always a possibility, forgetting a bag has not been an issue to date. My plan is to get her a belly band sooner than later also, and have her try both. She's extremely comfortable with/around guns, but hasn't necessarily taken much interest until recently so trying to build on that and make it as enjoyable as possible.
    Good stuff.

(Washington County)

I never recommend off body carry as well.

Here is another popular company: https://www.cancanconcealment.com/
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12