Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: BCA “quality”

BCA PISSES ME OFF AGAIN!

Back around Christmas I grabbed a BCA .300blk side charging upper. *(I actually really like this side charging upper) but here's the bitch- they were also selling stripped side charging upper receiver blems & I figured one would be great for a .458 Socom build in the future.

Here we are in the future and I wanted to buy a side charging bolt carrier from them to start my build. Well guess what- they don't/won't sell a side charging bolt carrier.

I can't say fuck it & just go with a rear charging handle because their side charging uppers aren't milled to accept a rear charging handle. They would be happy to sell me another side charging upper/BCG bundle!!! WTF this is such a dick move from BCA.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    BCA PISSES ME OFF AGAIN!

Back around Christmas I grabbed a BCA .300blk side charging upper. *(I actually really like this side charging upper) but here's the bitch- they were also selling stripped side charging upper receiver blems & I figured one would be great for a .458 Socom build in the future.

Here we are in the future and I wanted to buy a side charging bolt carrier from them to start my build. Well guess what- they don't/won't sell a side charging bolt carrier.

I can't say fuck it & just go with a rear charging handle because their side charging uppers aren't milled to accept a rear charging handle. They would be happy to sell me another side charging upper/BCG bundle!!! WTF this is such a dick move from BCA.

You could have someone drill and tap a normal bolt carrier...

(Allegheny County)

I tried to see if Durkin Tactical has any BCA side charger BCGs, but it's hard to see on my phone.
    They used to sell a ton of BCA stuff - they never disclosed that it was BCA but you could tell by looking at it that it was BCA.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You could have someone drill and tap a normal bolt carrier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I tried to see if Durkin Tactical has any BCA side charger BCGs, but it's hard to see on my phone.
    They used to sell a ton of BCA stuff - they never disclosed that it was BCA but you could tell by looking at it that it was BCA.
    Thanks guys! I already spoke with them on phone and got nowhere. I then sent them an email being a little more critical.

Worst case scenario is I use the BCG that I got in my ..300BLK I just get miffed at the thought of having to unscrew the charging handle to pull the BCG and then swap bolts before putting it in my .458 gun.

Yeah first world problems and I should just STFU for how little I will ever shoot my .458

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Thanks guys! I already spoke with them on phone and got nowhere. I then sent them an email being a little more critical.

Worst case scenario is I use the BCG that I got in my ..300BLK I just get miffed at the thought of having to unscrew the charging handle to pull the BCG and then swap bolts before putting it in my .458 gun.

Yeah first world problems and I should just STFU for how little I will ever shoot my .458
    they sell side charging bcgs I'm not too familiar with the socom though you if you can get a bolt and it fits the stadadrd carrier you are gtg.

https://davidsondefense.com/bcgch-ta...ng-bcg-x2.html

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    they sell side charging bcgs I'm not too familiar with the socom though you if you can get a bolt and it fits the stadadrd carrier you are gtg.

https://davidsondefense.com/bcgch-ta...ng-bcg-x2.html
    Thanks HK! I'll give it a look
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345