Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: BCA “quality”

I ate the forbidden fruit of Anderson many times but never dipped into the lake of fire that is BCA and I’m glad I drew the line there.

(Allegheny County)

I had considered them for barrels and lowers in the past, but ultimately never bought anything from them.

I used to post their stuff in the deals thread, but once they started pricing their shit as if it were a collectible Colt (as SOON as the panic buying began), I gave up on them, unsubscribed, and hadn't thought about them until this thread.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I had considered them for barrels and lowers in the past, but ultimately never bought anything from them.

I used to post their stuff in the deals thread, but once they started pricing their shit as if it were a collectible Colt (as SOON as the panic buying began), I gave up on them, unsubscribed, and hadn't thought about them until this thread.
    When did they price that high? Right now, they are still lower than Palmetto, and I don't think I have seen them higher ever...
    Being in stock is another story with both they and Palmetto, as well as most everybody else.

I do have one of their uppers BTW, it seems to be OK.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I'm not going to pile on BCA as I bought a 6.5 Grendel barrel from PA for $50 and it shoots MOA. The threads didn't look right and BCA sent me an RMA and replaced my barrel. I will say that the return guy at BCA pissed me off as he told me he was holding a barrel for my replacement and he never did, so it took a little longer to get my replacement barrel.

I've spent much more than $50 on a bad meal, so I took the risk with BCA barrel. BCA will make it right, so why not risk it for $50? Hell, "top tiered" companies have lemons go through their production as well and you will spend 6X the money, so put things into perspective.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    When did they price that high? Right now, they are still lower than Palmetto, and I don't think I have seen them higher ever...
    Being in stock is another story with both they and Palmetto, as well as most everybody else.

I do have one of their uppers BTW, it seems to be OK.
    I don't know that they ACTUALLY were as much as a Colt, but they DID jack up prices fast.
    If you got their damned near twice daily emails, you would notice the increase right away.
    It was laughable what they thought their rifles were worth at the snap of a finger.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't know that they ACTUALLY were as much as a Colt, but they DID jack up prices fast.
    If you got their damned near twice daily emails, you would notice the increase right away.
    It was laughable what they thought their rifles were worth at the snap of a finger.
    Both BCA and PSA went thru significant shortages and corresponding price increases. Both are roughly $100 more than they were not too long ago for comparable uppers as of now. I know you follow this more than most, so I will defer to your judgement. My only regret is that I did not have funds available back when PSA had good BCGs at two for $100, and similar bargains back in the glory days of low prices...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

I refuse to buy cheaper no name uppers or parts until they are vetted .....

(Lehigh County)

When I think of getting "cheaper" stuff I amortize the extra cost over the expected lifetime of the product and usually go with the better stuff. For example I've seen a lot of comments about getting the steel die sets for 5.56 reloading because they work OK. I spent the extra $100 there for the carbide set without a second thought. I'd do the same for rifle parts.
    NRA Life Member

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I'm not going to pile on BCA as I bought a 6.5 Grendel barrel from PA for $50 and it shoots MOA. The threads didn't look right and BCA sent me an RMA and replaced my barrel. I will say that the return guy at BCA pissed me off as he told me he was holding a barrel for my replacement and he never did, so it took a little longer to get my replacement barrel.

I've spent much more than $50 on a bad meal, so I took the risk with BCA barrel. BCA will make it right, so why not risk it for $50? Hell, "top tiered" companies have lemons go through their production as well and you will spend 6X the money, so put things into perspective.
    I'm not going to pile on BCA either, ahhh bullshit I'm lying ;-)

I too bought a $50 BCA barrel to get into the .458 Socom game. Got a bunch of failure to ejects, failure to reload etc. Finally worked up the nerve to do my own gas port enlargement. Now it works.

It being a big bore barrel it needed the larger threaded (5/8"?) flash suppressor and crush washer which I also bought from them. They sent me a 1/2x28 crush washer. Took me weeks to get them to respond to my request for return/replacement. When they did, they sent me another 1/2x28 crush washer. Finally gave up and ordered a pack of them off of Amazon.

BUT I knew their reputation and accepted the risk on a $50 barrel
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

I would be more comfortable buying BCA parts and assembling the gun myself than buying an already assembled gun from them.
    Everybody knows I use rocks for hammers and screwdrivers for punches, but I still feel better knowing that I assembled it myself.

Well, with the exception of some things like the BCG, charging handle, buffer tube, and trigger - I would want better quality brands for those items.
    Which is the beauty of building from scratch. Use the parts YOU want.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast