Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: BCA “quality”

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Those "hollowed out" flats ARE puzzling.

Would they have a special tool just for their barrel nut?
    Looks weird.
    I really can*t see how, with the five sides I just don*t see any way for a wrench to fit.

I took the same hg off of the Trump one I put together at the same time, they were both the same upper, and that one had the standard four flat BCA style i*m used to seeing.

I*d say in the last two months I*ve swapped out at least three dozen BCA hg*s when either doing up the Trump guns or when swapping out to another hg.

That barrel nut is just mucked up. I honestly cannot believe it went out the door like that.

This post was more of a *you may want to check yours if you*ve bought it in the last six months* notice than anything else.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    They must have a tool that clamps onto the flats and is used to tighten
    The nut. Looks like someone skewed the clamp and made an extra
    Flat. I have a dozen BCA barrel nuts and none look like that
    All of yours have four flats right?

(Lackawanna County)

But but but “just as good!”

(Philadelphia County)

>BCA

Well there's your problem.

(Delaware County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Just so everyone knows..... I don*t charge people a dime to fix their AR. (Just parts if needed). I also teach people to do their own work.(no charge) But then, I*m not a Rabid Dog with Stage5 TDS!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Indiana County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Just so everyone knows..... I don*t charge people a dime to fix their AR. (Just parts if needed). I also teach people to do their own work.(no charge) But then, I*m not a Rabid Dog with Stage5 TDS!
    Here*s the deal tard, I do work for a local dealer, this dealer is known by members here including NoahZark and ViperHummel.
    This dealer pays me to assemble custom kits like those from GunTec and he also pays me, out of his pocket, to fix customers guns like that one with the fucked up barrel nut as a service to HIS CUSTOMERS. So, he gave the customer the option of sending it back or *having his guy look at it*, the customer didn*t want to wait. So he, the shop owner paid me to fix it.

This is really none of your damn business but I*ll be a mothefucker if I*ll let you smear the shop and me when you don*t know dick.
    And just so everyone knows, this dealer is a standup fucking guy,he*s not a fucking snowflake like you you piss ant, he understands people have differing opinions, and unlike you you slimy baglicking prick, he wouldn*t threaten to *Put Someone Down* like you have just threatened me you small dicked little prick.

He*s a fucking better man than you*ll ever be you rotten twat. Fuck you for trying to smear his business. Just fuck you.

Send me a pm, I*ll tell you right where I*ll be Saturday, at what shop I*ll be at, walk in you little shit and try to *put me the fuck down*.

This is what this forum has come to? My kids are not only my *fucking daughters* but now I*m being openly threatened by some piece of trash?

Here*s a screen shot of this trash heaps sig line, and his post, where he gets to threaten my life? For calling out Trump for ruining my fucking livelihood? And then you prick you call me out for making a little extra cash to help out since I*ve lost hours because of it? Fuck...

You pricks pushed and pushed, fine, you got me.
    Last edited by 39flathead; November 30th, 2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Edited to fix my fat finger typos and to clarify who I*m pissed at for threatening my life in public on this forum.

(Allegheny County)

I am confused how post 15 resulted in the response in post 16. The response seems to have nothing to do with the "offending post" that it quotes.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I am confused how post 15 resulted in the response in post 16. The response seems to have nothing to do with the "offending post" that it quotes.
    Leave it go, free. The issue's been addressed.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Elk County)

Thread is reopened for discussion of the BCA Quality subject.

There will be NO in-thread discussion regarding infractions issued; any such posts will be deleted.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

I feel many of the budget but cheaply made options will most likely yield the issues seen here and in many other BCA uppers. From subpar parts to the workmanship that is rivaled by the Century monkeys that have been known to hammer on import kits. As 39Flathead said, its always advisable to look over such items as well as "higher" end uppers. Not everyone has to go into the level that Chad from SOTAR does, but his tips and videos have enabled to be more aware. My methods and tooling have evolved since following SOTAR on Youtube and through FB. Thanks for sharing the info and your observations.

Many claim to know about the BCA QA/QC issues, yet I constantly see them peddled around on here and other places because of the price. This is a good FYSA thread, and many could learn from it and we could use more sharing of information like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast