Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Primary Arms scope users?

I have a first focal plane scope on my RPR (Bushnell DMR) and would like to stay with a FFP for my seldomly used hunting rifle.

Anyone have and use the Primary Arms scopes and in particular the FFP models?

Since I rarely use this rifle the sale prices of $199 seem pretty attractive as compared to the $1200 DMR, but I*m hesitant because $199 seems almost too cheap for a FFP scope.

Anyone?
    I*d trust the opinions of those here more than those of anonymous reviewers.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Primary Arms scope users?

Primary arms is a fantastic company and I've used a few of their optics, all positively. I agree, the 4-14x HUD DMR on sale for $199 is an awesome value. I haven't used it but I'd be surprised if you're unhappy. With free returns and a relatively low price, there's little risk.

Use code mrgunsngear for a free deluxe mount

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Primary arms is a fantastic company and I've used a few of their optics, all positively. I agree, the 4-14x HUD DMR on sale for $199 is an awesome value. I haven't used it but I'd be surprised if you're unhappy. With free returns and a relatively low price, there's little risk.

Use code mrgunsngear for a free deluxe mount
    Thanks. I saw online reviews but was hoping someone here would chime in.

I have the 1x6 FFP ACSS Raptor calibrated for 7.62x39. I really can’t say enough about it and can honestly say all the positive online YouTube reviews aren’t lying about the quality or how great the ACSS reticles are.

The glass is excellent, it’s a solid scope very robust, the Illumination is great, windage and elevation turrets are well built, and the scope tracks perfectly.

My only complaint is the eye relief is not super forgiving but good enough for me to get comfortable behind the Ruger Ranch I put it on.

Next spring I plan in scoping another 308 bolt action I have and it will be with something from PA in the GLX FFP line which is now made in the Philippines
    So that’s a positive for the anti Chicom buyers.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have the 1x6 FFP ACSS Raptor calibrated for 7.62x39. I really can*t say enough about it and can honestly say all the positive online YouTube reviews aren*t lying about the quality or how great the ACSS reticles are.

The glass is excellent, it*s a solid scope very robust, the Illumination is great, windage and elevation turrets are well built, and the scope tracks perfectly.

My only complaint is the eye relief is not super forgiving but good enough for me to get comfortable behind the Ruger Ranch I put it on.

Next spring I plan in scoping another 308 bolt action I have and it will be with something from PA in the GLX FFP line which is now made in the Philippines
    So that*s a positive for the anti Chicom buyers.
    Thanks, combined with the thumbs up from jt above I*m seriously considering the 4X14 grid reticle.

The only thing I still have to consider is the three year warranty and the 30mm tube size means I*ll need to fork out for a new set of Ruger rings. I really have no need for a lighted reticle as I don*t use them on the scopes I gave with it now, I don*t even have batteries in them but I guess at this same price it*s not like I*m really paying extra for it anyway.

Decisions...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Thanks, combined with the thumbs up from jt above I*m seriously considering the 4X14 grid reticle.

The only thing I still have to consider is the three year warranty and the 30mm tube size means I*ll need to fork out for a new set of Ruger rings. I really have no need for a lighted reticle as I don*t use them on the scopes I gave with it now, I don*t even have batteries in them but I guess at this same price it*s not like I*m really paying extra for it anyway.

Decisions...
    Don't quote me, but I'd suspect that PA wouldn't hold you to the 3 year warranty. They're one of those companies that (at least at this point in time) go above and beyond and if at year 4 you dropped it on a rock and cracked the glass.. they'd probably just send you a new one. I follow the Industry Section at AR15.com that the CEO runs and when someone posts with an issue, his response is usually "email me direct and we'll take care of it" no matter what.

Also grab the free mount with that code and you can probably find someone here to do a trade for rings.

(Allegheny County)

For the batteries, two came with my scope. One in and an extra one in one of the other caps. Not sure if they'd extend the discount to rings, but there's discount codes for free one piece mounts with some of the scopes. If you e-mail them maybe they'd switch them to two rings instead?

(Lackawanna County)

They aren’t going to be the same quality but they aren’t junk either. They are well received and probably built in the same factory as vortex and a few others

(Bucks County)

My FFP Vortex has a small label on it. CHINA. Many get fooled by the Vortex USA under the turret. Don't get me wrong, I love the scope. Just that I think they are stretching the marketing codes.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Cumberland County)

I have several of their scopes. The 3-18 ffp, 2x 4-14ffp, 1-8 sfp, and a 1-6 sfp. They are all really nice scopes for the money and really nice scopes period.