Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: looks for some reviews on the Ruger LCP2 and S&W 380 EZ

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    BTW... Did you get your commission check from S&W yet?? I'm still waiting on mine lol
    Yeah I wish.

My sister in law bought one after using mine as well as a friends wife.

(Northampton County)

Buy the EZ shield the trigger sucks on the Ruger, and if you want the best option get the EZ shield 380 from the performance center, better sights , better trigger, easy to rack ,minimum recoil and you can get the Gold silver or Black accent version. My wife has the Gold one. I have the Black one they shoot great, I can 't keep them here at the shop, as soon as I get one it sells.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

thanks for all of the responses so far . read good reviews on the EZ shield 380 and from the comments here it is a no brainer. now finding one in stock to purchase may be another story.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    +1 on the 380 EZ ,my wife has one and IMO its a very nice pistol.. I also have the LCP (not the 2) and it is snappy and the slide is harder to rack..I like it for pocket carry
    I agree. Maybe even try the 9mm Shield EZ. It's gotten some good reviews for ease of racking too. The LCP is pretty hard to rack for the average woman. And quite a bit of recoil.

(Erie County)

Good review on S&W 9 and 380 EZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PCC_AeuM8

(Indiana County)

https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com/

EZ recall.
    Something to keep in mind while buying, I also believe they issued a statement about the safety of the EZ series.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com/

EZ recall.
    Something to keep in mind while buying, I also believe they issued a statement about the safety of the EZ series.
    mainly on the Early models made before April 4, 2018 for the Manual Thumb Safety issue .. I have not seen any info of this being an issue with the newer models,

M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ™ Consumer Advisory

Like any firearm, the function of the M&P®380 Shield™ EZ™ Manual Thumb Safety pistol can be influenced by the type and quality of ammunition used with the pistol. In the case of the M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety, we have found that in very rare circumstances, ammunition that produces a high level of felt recoil can cause the manual safety to move from the fire to the “safety on” position during firing. Should this occur, you will not be able to fire the next round unless and until the manual safety is reset to the fire position.

At Smith & Wesson, we are committed to designing and producing firearms that meet the highest quality and performance standards. To ensure that every Smith & Wesson handgun meets our standards for reliability and performance, as of April 4, 2018, we have engineered the manual safety so that it will be less susceptible to the influence of ammunition weight, velocity and loads. Any M&P 380 Shield EZ Manual Thumb Safety pistol produced before April 4, is eligible for a no-cost upgrade. To determine if this consumer advisory applies to your pistol, please utilize our serial number verification tool.

Recall Hotline: 888-871-7114

M&P SHIELD® EZ® PISTOL IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR PISTOLS MANUFACTURED BETWEEN MARCH 1ST, 2020 AND OCTOBER 31ST, 2020

Smith & Wesson has identified two M&P Shield EZ Pistols on which the hammers manufactured by our supplier were cracked. In those firearms, the hammer failed to fully engage the sear, causing the round to fire, cycling the slide, and potentially resulting in multiple discharges without depressing the trigger. This issue can occur in the following two scenarios:

With a loaded magazine in the firearm and the grip safety depressed, releasing the slide (by pulling it back, or releasing the slide stop), may ignite the round as the slide closes, without engaging the trigger. The condition may occur, regardless of the manual thumb safety position if equipped. This may also result in multiple discharges.

With a loaded magazine in the firearm, the grip safety depressed, manual safety in the fire position, slide closed, and a round in the chamber, pulling the trigger will cause the round to fire normally, however as the slide cycles, the next round may be ignited as it is chambered by the hammer failing to fully engage the sear, causing multiple discharges.

In all cases, the firearm will NOT fire unless the grip safety is depressed. While this condition has been found only in two hammers, and our investigation suggests that these two incidents are very isolated, any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury. Therefore, we have established this Safety Recall as a precautionary measure to ensure that all M&P Shield EZ Pistols in service meet our design specifications.

Stop using your M&P® Shield™ EZ pistol until you determine whether it is included in this safety recall, and if so, until it has been inspected and repaired by Smith & Wesson, if necessary.

PRODUCT AFFECTED:

This notice applies ONLY to M&P® Shield™ EZ pistols (including Performance Center® models) manufactured between March 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, and only to a small percentage of that population. It does NOT apply to all SHIELD™ pistols. To determine whether your M&P Shield EZ Pistol is affected, check the label on the box to determine date of manufacture (see image below), and if manufacture date is between March 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020 – your pistol may be affected. In this case (or if you are unsure of your date of manufacture), simply go to MPShieldEZrecall.com and input your serial number, or call 888-871-7114 .

FOR OWNERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:

For M&P Shield EZ Pistol owners outside the United States, see our list of Authorized Warranty Centers available at smith-wesson.com/customer-service/warranty-stations, who will inspect your pistol and replace your hammer as necessary.

FOR DEALERS/DISTRIBUTORS/RETAILERS:

If you have less than 5 affected firearms, please input your serial numbers to receive return labels. If you have 5 or more affected pistols in inventory, please call 888-871-7114 and we will coordinate a pickup of the affected firearms. In either case, the firearms will be expedited to our facility, repaired, and returned to you ASAP.

For those pistols on the list which you have already sold, we ask that you provide us with the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mails of customers to whom you have sold them to. Please send this information to us electronically at MPShieldEZrecall@smith-wesson.com. If you do not have the capability to return the form electronically, please call 888-871-7114. This information is vital to ensure that notice of the recall is given to all affected purchasers. Once we receive this information from you, we will immediately arrange to provide notice of the recall directly to your customers.

​​

REMEDY/ACTION TO BE TAKEN:

If your M&P Shield EZ Pistol is included in this recall, we will arrange for the return of your firearm to Smith & Wesson for inspection. After inspection, if the hammer from your firearm is affected, it will be replaced at no cost to you. We expect that this entire process will take no longer than 10 business days, and your pistol will be returned as quickly and efficiently as possible. All shipping and replacement costs will be covered by Smith & Wesson.

(Montgomery County)

I think you'd have a tough time finding something better for the intended purpose than the 380 EZ (aside from ammo cost.....). Another option if you definitely want to go .22LR for ultimate ease of shooting for someone who isn't proficient is the Ruger SR22. Bigger than the LCP II, and DA/SA with firing pin safety for safe DA carry.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I think you'd have a tough time finding something better for the intended purpose than the 380 EZ (aside from ammo cost.....). Another option if you definitely want to go .22LR for ultimate ease of shooting for someone who isn't proficient is the Ruger SR22. Bigger than the LCP II, and DA/SA with firing pin safety for safe DA carry.
    I*m going to be a downer again, I currently have my daughters SR22 sitting in the safe where it*s been since it developed a dead trigger.

I know it*s due tp the magazine safety. I contacted Ruger and they gave me a bullshit story about Covid, blah blah, nobody working, blah blah, but if I really thought my firearm had an issue to contact them again and they*ll have me return it but to expect months long repair times.

I was a huge fan of these, huge, I recommended them to everyone, but this one has less than 500 rounds through it and it*s a purple paperweight.

I could fix this one by removing the mag safety, but my daughter has lost faith in it and told me to get it fixed and trade or sell it, so I don*t want to do a home fix that is as involved as it is to do the disconnect repair and then sell it.

They*re great little guns, if they work.

(Philadelphia County)

honestly, I would consider a keltec p32; to me, it's the perfect small, center-fire carry, with little to no recoil... run mine with 71gr FMJ for penetration. And you can run a factory 10+1 mag. Awesome.
    If snappy-ness is of any concern at all, it would be my first recommendation to anyone recoil sensitive.

Second to that, I absolutely love my Ruger LCP2 in 22lr; 10+1 of 22lr in the pocket, is ok by me to get out of something in a hurry... run velocitors in mine, not 1 FTF/ issue in over 800 rds so far. Have run 6 diff ammo types.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast