Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default looks for some reviews on the Ruger LCP2 and S&W 380 EZ

Hello and good evening everybody .

Been lurking around here for while and decided it is time to join.

Looking at a pistol for my wife, I currently have a 38 special and she was looking for something with a little less recoil.

Thinking maybe a Ruger LCP2 would be a good choice or a S&W 380EZ.

She may ending up carrying but not sure on that yet .

Thanks for your thoughts

Default Re: looks for some reviews on the Ruger LCP2 and S&W 380 EZ

The S&W 380 EZ would be a great choice for her if she’s looking for a light recoiling semi auto that’s super easy to manipulate and shoot. I bought one to train my 12 year old daughter on and she did excellent her 1st time with it. I love the damn thing too it’s a dream to shoot.

The LCP2 is an excellent pocket pistol and I like it a lot, but it’s snappy and not really as easy to manipulate and the sights are subpar compared to the EZ.

(Allegheny County)

+1 on the 380 EZ ,my wife has one and IMO its a very nice pistol.. I also have the LCP (not the 2) and it is snappy and the slide is harder to rack..I like it for pocket carry

(Montgomery County)

Agree with the 380 EZ. I bought the LCP2 recently but have not had a chance to shoot it. Like JDA58 said, it's a little hard to rack compared to others but it's great for concealment. I tried an EZ at the range with my 19yo daughter and we both found it incredibly easy to shoot and rack. The EZ is no joke, it's cake racking the slide.

They is what they is.

These small ultra-light .380s are designed for maximum compactness , minimum weight. They are not especially fun to shoot at the range all day , certainly not more than 2-3 mags.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

the 380 EZ is no little small ultra -lite pocket type pistol..

(Lancaster County)

I have the Gen I LCP that I recently gave to my oldest Daughter when the 'rona/floyd riots started and it is a bit to rack the slide and for a 380 is a bit snappy due to its grip size and weight

but here at the homestead on Thanksgiving the two daughters (13 yrs & 29 yrs) and I where in the back yard having a grand time with the 22's when the oldest takes out the LCP ( from her IWB ) and empties a mag at the steel gongs, little sister thinks that is so cool, so I set her up and let her run three mags through it and she handled it perfectly, until then she has only shot 22 rifles and pistols and .410 shotguns
    now she dismisses the buckmark and wants a 380 . So maybe me thinking it's snappy is just old age sinking in

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I have the Gen I LCP that I recently gave to my oldest Daughter when the 'rona/floyd riots started and it is a bit to rack the slide and for a 380 is a bit snappy due to its grip size and weight

but here at the homestead on Thanksgiving the two daughters (13 yrs & 29 yrs) and I where in the back yard having a grand time with the 22's when the oldest takes out the LCP ( from her IWB ) and empties a mag at the steel gongs, little sister thinks that is so cool, so I set her up and let her run three mags through it and she handled it perfectly, until then she has only shot 22 rifles and pistols and .410 shotguns
    now she dismisses the buckmark and wants a 380 . So maybe me thinking it's snappy is just old age sinking in

Well.......I am old lol maybe snappy compared to XYZ would be a better way to put it

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Well.......I am old lol maybe snappy compared to XYZ would be a better way to put it
    I agree. I’m not that old and side by side they handle like two completely different pistols. Ones a micro compact and the other a mid size which makes a difference in just about any center fire caliber. I love the Glock 43 and shoot it very well but the Glock 17 is much more enjoyable to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The S&W 380 EZ would be a great choice for her if she*s looking for a light recoiling semi auto that*s super easy to manipulate and shoot. I bought one to train my 12 year old daughter on and she did excellent her 1st time with it. I love the damn thing too it*s a dream to shoot.

The LCP2 is an excellent pocket pistol and I like it a lot, but it*s snappy and not really as easy to manipulate and the sights are subpar compared to the EZ.
    BTW... Did you get your commission check from S&W yet?? I'm still waiting on mine lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast