Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Barack Obama lays plans to deaden expectation after election victory

Wow, lowering the expectations after a victory...

Barack Obama’s senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week’s election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harbouring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.
    What can't a president with a super majority in both chambers of Congress achieve?

Full article here
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Default Re: Barack Obama lays plans to deaden expectation after election victory

Is the Times a mouthpiece for Republican propaganda now? This article is a blatantly bias, unsupported POS.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Barack Obama lays plans to deaden expectation after election victory

Actually, Biden already started that ball rolling. During his famous "mark my words" (19 OCT 08, Seattle, WA) statement about Obama being tested once in office, he also stated that it would take time to get things turned around. He went on to say "Let's not be, for those of a different faith remember St. Peter denied Christ thrice, you know? We don't need anybody denying us, this is gonna be tough. There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go 'whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision.' Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

So yes, Obama's lackeys have been putting sound bites out there that can be revisited later as a "we said all along" kind of thing as well as to lower many of the kool-aid drinkers expectations.

Be safe (and look not at what they say, but what they do).

Scott

(Philadelphia County)

So the Obamaites are saying Bush's unpopular decisions on office are actually sound and obama's are unsound? I would agree wholeheartedly for the most part. I just never expected to be hearing it from the left.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slotimus View Post
    Is the Times a mouthpiece for Republican propaganda now? This article is a blatantly bias, unsupported POS.
    I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but this article is dead-on. Some of Obama's supporters have their hopes raised to a totally unreal level, like mentioned in this post:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/national-...-mortgage.html

I'm not sure what she's going to do in a year when gas is back at $3.50+ and she's still struggling to pay her mortgage.