Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question Reloading for .450 Bushmaster/.45 ACP

This is all over the place, bear with me. Put it in General, got nuthin', so Reloading it is it is.

I just picked up a .450 Bushy AR upper, for possible future hunting (looks like Delaware might be an option now). Ammo ain't cheap, so I plan to only shoot factory stuff enough to get the field optics sighted in, then plink with irons and reloads. Google fu not adequate today...

1. I already buy poly-coated 230g round nose in .452" for my 1911. Will these work in .450 Bushmaster? Do I need to worry about peeling the poly at rifle velocities?
    2. Has anyone here loaded such a light round in a .450? Load data suggestions?
    3. I load for my 1911 on a Lee Pro 1000, because I am cheap... err... frugal. Anyone with experience loading long straight cases on the Lee? Good or bad?
    4. I read that .450 spaces off the case mouth. If so, I guess that chambering .45ACP would be a seriously bad idea, no? If it did work, I'd have a PCC in .45, wouldn't I?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Reloading for .450 Bushmaster/.45 ACP

How are you going to chamber a 45 ACP in a 450 Bushmaster? I think you need to look at some cartridge dimensions for the answer.

I'd imagine any poly coated or lead cast bullet is going to have velocity limitations. I'd imagine you could come up with a reduced load to do such a thing. I think 450 Bushmaster is above 2000 FPS so that's in jacketed bullet territory.