Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: PSP Handgun Database is not as complete as I thought it would be

They likely wanted to know how the felon driving the car came to be in possession of a handgun that was last in the ROS as being owned by you.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    They likely wanted to know how the felon driving the car came to be in possession of a handgun that was last in the ROS as being owned by you.

Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Susquehanna County)

Best question of all: Why are they using the Database as a registry when registries are illegal?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    When the person in possession at that time is prohibited, is sure does create RAS.
    If the possessor is prohibited, he's toast regardless of the provenance, but even so, that's hardly enough justification to go roust the person that pops up in the ROS database given both the lack of completeness that the legal limitations create and backlog that exists with even the limited transactions that are permitted to be (temporarily) recorded.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    If the possessor is prohibited, he's toast regardless of the provenance, but even so, that's hardly enough justification to go roust the person that pops up in the ROS database given both the lack of completeness that the legal limitations create and backlog that exists with even the limited transactions that are permitted to be (temporarily) recorded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    When the person in possession at that time is prohibited, is sure does create RAS.
    The above expert thinks it does, as does this one.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    This document is interesting, as to the missing info which makes the database not a registry.

In this case though, I watched the new owner fill out the SP4-113 in May, 6 months ago. Perhaps the COVID panic has kept everyone working from home, and the form is laying on someone's desk in their office, as a poster has mentioned.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The above expert thinks it does, as does this one.
    Then articulate it, and get a warrant.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Then articulate it, and get a warrant.
    No warrant needed for a knock and talk.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Volume 34, Issue 4 December 2011 Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Newsletter; "Firearm Record of Sale System and Law Enforcement" by Trooper Paul Anderson, PSP

Seems like the PSP need another round of training. This pops up every once in a while. I've got Trooper Anderson's phone number in my phone, had it for years.

Years ago I moved to PA with several guns that were never "transferred." Over the years I've turned over my inventory of those old guns and currently own only "transferred" guns.

With respect to law enforcement (and human nature) - it's not a law or rule if it's not enforced. I would imagine one of the last items on the daily PSP to-do list would be to log the ROS into the not-a-registry registry. Bet some of those forms lay around for a long while.

And around here unless I smell smoke 3AM knocks on the door could be hazardous to their supervisor.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast