Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default PSP Handgun Database is not as complete as I thought it would be

Apparently the PSP database of handgun purchases is not as complete as I thought it would be. If it was complete I wouldn't have had 2 PSP troopers banging on my door at 3:00 AM with questions about my ownership of a S&W (XXXXXX) pistol. "Yes, I did own one, but I sold it" . "Do you know who you sold it to?"

I produced the Bill of Sale. Apparently, the pistol was discovered in a "Vehicle stop". And they wanted to make sure it hadn't been stolen. What? Yeah, right.

I would think a good database would have shown they had no need to wake me up with questions like that.

1. So, if they knew about my purchase, why didn't they know about the second owner's purchase from me?
    2. Why are they investigating this at 3:00 AM?
    3. Why were they in a White Explorer? I thought all their cars were now Grey so they could hide better.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: PSP Handgun Database is not as complete as I thought it would be

4. Why are you answering their questions?
    --ET

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    4. Why are you answering their questions?
    I can't see why "I sold it and here's proof" isn't OK to respond with before telling them to fuck off and get a warrant? I generally agree with giving police as little as possible to not self-incriminate, but this seems like a reasonable step to take?
    -Brandon

No it's not complete. Strangely this was the justification the courts used to justify it's continued illegal use. It's not a registry because it's incomplete.

Which brings us to Ett's point. It's their fucked up useless database, that they throw around as if it were a complete registry, so best to tell them to fuck off unless they have a warrant.
    You sold it, used their system. It's on them.......done. Nobody is more surprised than the PSP when they discover their illegal registry is incomplete at best.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    I can't see why "I sold it and here's proof" isn't OK to respond with before telling them to fuck off and get a warrant? I generally agree with giving police as little as possible to not self-incriminate, but this seems like a reasonable step to take?
    Because, if the story is to be believed, it wasn't a friendly inquiry from pics. It was a 3am shakedown. Fuck off should be the most to expect.
    FUCK BIDEN

Because, if the story is to be believed, it wasn't a friendly inquiry from pics. It was a 3am shakedown. Fuck off should be the most to expect.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

Why do you think they are telling you the truth as to why they came to you?
    Perhaps they know you have a receipt for the time and place.
    And they are looking for "evidence" that you; a person fitting a description; could have been involved with a crime; unrelated to that sale/purchase; that occurred nearby.
    What better way to get you to hang yourself than to say "Why yes I was in that area at the time of a crime. Here's proof."
    --ET

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    No argument it's a shakedown, but the point of having a bill of sale is to thwart these kinds of BS interactions from PSP and the like - why not use it and tell them to GTFO?
    -Brandon

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Why do you think they are telling you the truth as to why they came to you?
    Perhaps they know you have a receipt for the time and place.
    And they are looking for "evidence" that you; a person fitting a description; could have been involved with a crime; unrelated to that sale/purchase; that occurred nearby.
    What better way to get you to hang yourself than to say "Why yes I was in that area at the time of a crime. Here's proof."
    Sadly, this is a good and legitimate question. @ 0300 I certainly wouldn't be too quick on my feet and I'll bet that they know that. I can't say what I would have done but a, "Please come back at a decent hour and I'll talk to you", would be in order.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Any department or agency that has the time (and inclination) to "make sure" of anything, absent RAS of a crime, has at least some room to be "defunded".

There are just as many potential legal explanations for what they discovered as there are possibilities of some criminal act, thus the (supposed) legal standards that exist to prevent this type of BS.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast