Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Interesting New Lawsuit Filed In PaState Court by PA GOP Challenge mail votes

Does Act 77 amend the Constitution? If it does not amend the Constitution, is it legal?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Interesting New Lawsuit Filed In PaState Court by PA GOP Challenge mail votes

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Does Act 77 amend the Constitution? If it does not amend the Constitution, is it legal?
    Amendments to the Constitution require to be passed by our legislature in two (2) separate sessions, then voted on by The People. So, the answer to your question is 'no', it does not amend the Constitution. And IMO, it is not legal.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Emphasis added by me:

IMO, the Constitution is silent on the expansion of mail-in ballots, and IMO, it cannot be ruled to disallow something based on absence of mentioning it at all. For that to happen, it should say, "Shall not....insert desired limitation here"
    Correct. It tells the legislature what it must do.

Article VII, section 4 says:

“ method of elections; secrecy in voting.
    All elections by the citizens shall be by ballot or by such other method as may be prescribed by law: Provided, That secrecy in voting be preserved.” That’s why the case about naked ballots was decided the way it was: they are literally the only “restriction” the Constitution on the legislature. Act 77 is within the legislature’s purview “to prescribe by law” so long as the extra envelope is mandatory.

Every Republican who voted for this stuff in the legislature knows this. A bunch of them are playing the fish at the table for all it’s worth.

(Lackawanna County)

To the average Joe, this whole thing is a legal maze, and a mess! It appears that all the "elected" officials have been busy dicking about with a mess of laws to contort and confuse every citizen of PA. At this point I say toss the whole state election and have neither Trump nor Biden get any of the votes. Seize every election document and machine and have somebody from outside of PA investigate this mess. Overhaul & simplify our voting so that 100% hand audits are done. This election was a complete waste (other than shining a light on vast corruption), and should be reason to nullify the votes of 2020.

Nothing but a dumpster fire of ballots.......

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    To the average Joe, this whole thing is a legal maze, and a mess! It appears that all the "elected" officials have been busy dicking about with a mess of laws to contort and confuse every citizen of PA. At this point I say toss the whole state election and have neither Trump nor Biden get any of the votes. Seize every election document and machine and have somebody from outside of PA investigate this mess. Overhaul & simplify our voting so that 100% hand audits are done. This election was a complete waste (other than shining a light on vast corruption), and should be reason to nullify the votes of 2020.

Nothing but a dumpster fire of ballots.......
    Let me posit an alternate theory.

For the first time in the history of the world, the PA legislature managed to do something almost right. Right before a history making pandemic they managed to mandate changes to the election code which made it more secure and significantly easier for people to vote.

Where it went bad:

1. The Cheeto turned on vote by mail. Thus republicans didn’t do it. Democrats and people who believe covid is real vote in droves this way.

2. The PASC helped itself to the late ballot deadline. (Alito did what he did on the ballot segregation so that it left the option of a remedy without them, and to avoid having to take it up if the outcome didn’t change because of them.)

3. The Republican legislature was unwilling to move on pre-canvassing as a result of 2.

4. It’s a stupid high turnout, which means because #3, it’ll take a few weeks to count.

5. All the resultant BS about “fraud,”’this lawsuit, etc.

Because of the manner in which the mail ins are tracked and that data being public, there is a very specific reason nobody has alleged “fraud.” From a data transparency perspective, this is the most open and auditable election the state has ever seen.

On this lawsuit: never mind that Act 77 was constitutional, explain to me why Parnell texted me telling me to vote by mail if it was unconstitutional? He had actual, not theoretical, unclean hands.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    From a data transparency perspective, this is the most open and auditable election the state has ever seen.
    For the sake of this discussion, I'll accept that statement at face value. Have you seen, and do you have an opinion on the reports that a over a million more ballots were returned than were requested? I've read one explanation that would make sense, but it's from a source I don't necessarily trust.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Let me posit an alternate theory.

For the first time in the history of the world, the PA legislature managed to do something almost right. Right before a history making pandemic they managed to mandate changes to the election code which made it more secure and significantly easier for people to vote.

Snip
    WOW what a coincidence!

Almost like it was planned that way?

And its a scamdemic of testing, not a real pandemic.

And the death rate was manufactured per Johns Hopkins article.

And the fear-mongering about useless facemasks worked to provide a " reason" to stay home.

More Secure? WTF are you spouting?

Its as secure as a cigar box on a vegetable stand.

You just proved your validity - ZERO.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Butler County)

For the sake of this discussion, I'll accept that statement at face value. Have you seen, and do you have an opinion on the reports that a over a million more ballots were returned than were requested? I've read one explanation that would make sense, but it's from a source I don't necessarily trust.
    Can you post one of these “sources?”

Most of those statements seem to fall from an alleged screenshot from Doug Mastriano that were dubunked as “the number of ballots requested in the primary.” Or, to wit:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ta/6450032002/

Beyond that, I’ve seen the candidate obtained copies of both the post-election voter and PA mail-in voter files which you yourself can get from the department of state.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElectio.../Data-Hub.aspx

If you request the latter from the department of state, it gives you “a list of applications that were requested and whether the ballot was mailed or returned to the county board of elections.” The numbers here match what is reported by the department of state and credible nonpartisan news sources.

Any competent campaign can (and they repeatedly did) request the mail in/absentee list and literally track who applied for a ballot, who had returned one, etc throughout the duration of the election. This is why this election was the most transparent in the commonwealth’s history. As soon as you vote by mail, every piece of that process is tracked in real time and made public. (Ironically, it was red counties like butler and others who were caught with shinnanegans like letting the ballots sit until the weekend before to a election to scan them in and other process ratfucks. Those never get mentioned here).

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    WTF are you spouting?
    A modicum of understanding about how both science and our electoral process/laws in Pennsylvania actually work.

Your basis is?

(Butler County)

For the sake of this discussion, I'll accept that statement at face value. Have you seen, and do you have an opinion on the reports that a over a million more ballots were returned than were requested?
    On consideration: one more note about this. I would be significantly more tempted to believe stuff like what you are alluding to were it said by an officer of a court in open court or in a signed brief. Here is why: there is no actual penalty for telling a lie on TV or the internet. There are problems for a lawyer passing untrue allegations in court. This is why it’s “standing randos with affidavits” and nobody willing to actually allege fraud in a court filing.

Or, Rudy, Doug “COVID to the oval-again!” Mastriano, etc—they will throw press conferences at exotic landscaping firms and Gettysburg hotels, etc. These involve no legal burden of proof nor carry the risk of sanction for false allegations. Courts do. This case is a perfect example—Parnell is going to run for senate claiming he fought the “fraud” whilst he really had a completely unsupported process “claim” against how the voting system was statutorily updated.

This stuff is unserious. They are playing for the fish at the table.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast