Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Maximum price per round.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1.25+

0 0%
  • $1.00

0 0%
  • $0.90

0 0%
  • $0.80

0 0%
  • $0.70

3 13.64%
  • $0.60

5 22.73%
  • $0.50

3 13.64%
  • $0.40

11 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default What's the most you'd pay for new 9mm brass 115gr FMJ name-brand ammo right now?

Per round.

By name-brand I don't mean somehow "premium"... just a brand anyone's heard of vs. some "who 'dat?" unknown. Aguila, Blazer, Fiocchi, Winchester, etc.

If you're not a buyer at the moment, just say so in the comments.
    Last edited by KCJones; November 21st, 2020 at 05:58 PM.
    DGAF

Default Re: What's the most you'd pay for new 9mm brass 115gr FMJ name-brand ammo right now?

I*m not a buyer right now and won*t be for a few years. But if I had 9mm guns and no ammo I would pay what I had to in the quest to get some since a gun without ammo is a paperweight. How much I would buy would depend on the cost per round.

I would pay whatever it takes to have at least 100 rounds in reserve. A 1.25 or more if needed.

I would not be looking to buy in bulk for anything over 50 cents. Even that might be more than I would pay unless I was 100 percent sure ammo prices won*t come down in the next couple of years and will only go up in cost.

With the prices ammo costs now I would probably buy a 100 rounds at a time as I needed it and pay what I had to. I would also really cut back on my shooting.

(York County)

Default Re: What's the most you'd pay for new 9mm brass 115gr FMJ name-brand ammo right now?

FWIW, I'm "not a buyer" at the moment. I've got a couple thousand rounds in reserve, and have cut way back on my range-time to conserve it.

I'm just asking because a conversation today sparked curiousity. A friend of mine suggested that selling 9mm at $1/rd was a "slam dunk" right now and it struck me as... wrong.
    DGAF

(Berks County)

$.20/ea for me. And no, I'm not being facetious, I have a decent stock. BTW it's $.60-$.65/ea at the gun shows right now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

The highest I have ever paid during the last drought was 33 cents a round. Unless my supply gets stolen/used up, I do not see paying more at this time. We shall see...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

About .17 per round.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    FWIW, I'm "not a buyer" at the moment. I've got a couple thousand rounds in reserve, and have cut way back on my range-time to conserve it.

I'm just asking because a conversation today sparked curiousity. A friend of mine suggested that selling 9mm at $1/rd was a "slam dunk" right now and it struck me as... wrong.
    I*ve considered selling some if prices get to a buck or more per round. But I would really need to believe that prices are going to eventually come back down to near January 2020 levels for me to do so. It does not make sense to sell at a $1 a round only to have to pay more in a couple of years to replace it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    $.20/ea for me. And no, I'm not being facetious, I have a decent stock. BTW it's $.60-$.65/ea at the gun shows right now.
    Yeah. That's about the same price I'm seeing for actually-in-stock stuff on the various ammo 'meta search' engines too.

I don't know if we'll ever get back to $0.20 per round. For me, if I see $0.30 I'll probably stock up at least a couple thousand rounds at that point.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

When you need that ammo you'll pay whatever it takes.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

The implication above is that you'll be paying for your ammo in blood.
    If you ever "need" that ammo consider that ammo will flood over the borders, straight into the hands of antifa and the like.

And not just small arms ammo. Think rpg's, frags, h.e. Etc.
    The list will be endless.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast