Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Maximum price per round.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1.25+

0 0%
  • $1.00

0 0%
  • $0.90

0 0%
  • $0.80

0 0%
  • $0.70

3 13.64%
  • $0.60

5 22.73%
  • $0.50

3 13.64%
  • $0.40

11 50.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What's the most you'd pay for new 9mm brass 115gr FMJ name-brand ammo right now?

If I needed self defense ammo I would pay whatever I had to pay to get at least on box. Fortunately I don't need any. I learned my lesson with the last three elections.

(Berks County)

Default Re: What's the most you'd pay for new 9mm brass 115gr FMJ name-brand ammo right now?

I shot about 100 rounds yesterday and I feel so empty inside. Wish I would have bought more when it was cheap. I'm a 20 cents is great guy. Not a buyer right now.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I can't remember if my brother and I paid $15 or $20 for boxes of 9mm ammo at the range back in 2009-2010. 380 was really hard to get back then. I have purchased none recently and do not plan to with these prices.

(Montgomery County)

What I've been seeing lately is premium ammo (pistol and rifle) has gone up by a much smaller margin than the cheapest target ammo. So I'd rather buy that to stock, and shoot previously obtained target ammo. If total # of rounds goes down that's ok within reason as long as my ratio of target to defense ammo goes down a bit. It's easier to stomach paying higher prices if the % increase isn't as bad.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    What I've been seeing lately is premium ammo (pistol and rifle) has gone up by a much smaller margin than the cheapest target ammo. So I'd rather buy that to stock, and shoot previously obtained target ammo. If total # of rounds goes down that's ok within reason as long as my ratio of target to defense ammo goes down a bit. It's easier to stomach paying higher prices if the % increase isn't as bad.
    I agree, I have been finding boxes of 9mm & .38SPL defensive rounds right around $1 ea, I don't mind adding an extra hundred of each to the stockpile.

I only have carry guns in 9mm so I don't use them much at the range, just enough to keep proficient

Right now I am only shooting .22LR and .38SPL at the range. I'm also stocking up on supplies for my flintlock, as I plan on shooting that more in the coming months.

It's not a terrible time to buy higher end firearms either. Not sure if there is a selloff of revolvers and classic target pistols to fund purchases deemed more critical right now, but I am seeing a few nice vintage target pistols floating through shops at decent prices.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

About a month ago, I was in a local shop and he had > > MIXED HEADSTAMP, RELOADED 115 JHP < <for $16.95 A BOX OF 50!

No way, but when I went back five days later, he was "sold out". Somebody must have wanted them at that price, but not me. I'll get out my molds and lead-pot and shoot again for $.06/rd. I stocked up on primers and powder six or seven years ago and do not regret it.
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Mercer County)

Ramblings of an old man.....in his late 70's who been around the block a few times.

When the extreme left gets Biden and Harris in the White House....dems controll the house......and the Reps have a slim majority in the Senate; I think their first adgenda will be a huge tax increase on wages, sales taxes, and since I believe that the dems don't have the votes or the guts for a full scale gun grab---I see hi cap magazines being outlawed (I hope that the ones already in pivate hands get grandfathered), and I can see them increasing taxes on ammo and reloading components to the point that the majority of the working class willnot be able to afford the price ammunition.

What good is a firearm without ammo???

That just the opinion of an old man (who already his ammunition stock piled high and deep). Like the man said Opinons are like a**holes everyone has one.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

.60 a round for FMJ 9mm regardless of the brand or grain is the going rate now including steel cased. Your lucky to find it at .50 a round which I still won’t pay.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Everyone panicked twice when Obama got elected. It's was going to be the apocalypse. End of democracy, end of guns, bread lines and concentration camps. I think Biden will suck but it won't be as bad as we think.
    Biden won't be President and he won't be setting any policy. If he is inaugurated it'll be some leftist extremist you won't see setting policy and things will only go downhill from here.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Biden won't be President and he won't be setting any policy. If he is inaugurated it'll be some leftist extremist you won't see setting policy and things will only go downhill from here.
    My wife, bless her heart, looks at yahoo news and just now told me that Dementia Joe has declared that he won't ban or confiscate assault rifles by execiutive order. Sounds like he thinks those 2 Senate seats are in the Dems pocket.
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast