Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Reloading Components Availability

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    From the picture my friend sent they look to be predominantly wolf.
    If they are bringing in Wolf primers they are likely Russian and will work just fine. Never heard anyone complain about Wolf primers before.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Have you guys resorted to digging into the berms to reclaim bullets to melt down?
    LOL, have done that for....years.
    Only range near me is a state game range.
    Break of day early Sunday morning couple times a year on the 25 yd target gets me between 5-10 gal. bucket of lead.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

north central keystoner land, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    If they are bringing in Wolf primers they are likely Russian and will work just fine. Never heard anyone complain about Wolf primers before.
    the problem now is scalpers. since the first of the year I've seen primers on rare occasion at a couple shops but they sold out instantly. guys who are already sitting on a stockpile of them are buying them up and listing them on gunbroker for rapey prices. I'm not paying more than $45 for a brick of primers and even that is too high, but given the shortage, I understand it. But as long as panic monkeys are paying scalper prices the insanity will continue.

and anyone selling primers at these ridiculous prices should be ashamed of yourself. they will be the first ones crying when someone else takes advantage of them.

I bought 10k of them a few years ago, a couple duds here and there just like every other primer mfg.

(Berks County)

I'd be happy to see the market flooded with them.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lehigh County)

My LGS's work week is Wed-Sat so Wednesday at high noon is a good time to shop because the shelves are about as full as they're going to be. He had Varget and Titegroup out today. Varget was $35 (pre Covid $27) and Titegroup was $25 (pre Covid $20). Picked up a pound each even though I've still got a good sized cache.
    NRA Life Member

Anyone looking to reload subsonic 300bo, a decent deal (25cpr) in todays prices..

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020524516?pid=757787

limit 500

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Anyone looking to reload subsonic 300bo, a decent deal (25cpr) in todays prices..

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020524516?pid=757787

limit 500
    That is a great price. I recently paid more per bullet than that for 1K 220's

(Susquehanna County)

During the last "primer shortage" I had used Wolf Small Pistol and Large Pistol. Both worked OK in semi-autos, but I had to re-tune my revolvers to make up for the harder cups. I had a problem with depriming the Ls sometimes the decapping pin would punch out the bottom of the cup sometimes completely sometimes like a partially opened tin can, leaving me with an unusable case. Consequently I relegated them to a "standard C" replacement, but if they were available now I'd buy them to use and save my Federal (standard A) and CCI & Winchester (Standard B) primers.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

Since I had the day off I did a little road trip tour of 15 gun shops around Fayette county. Between Marra’s and Salitino’s in Connellsville and B&G Bait in Normalville I saw a pretty decent variety of powders. I found CFE BLK, CFE Pistol, Ramshot TAC, H335, BLC2, and Power Pistol. Marra’s had CCI standard LRP and LPP (if you asked), limit 200 of each. Prices were a little higher than a year ago but not much. Ammo was available but at higher prices. Gun selection was pretty lame.

The coolest thing I saw was at Fayette Gun Shop. The owner showed me a 100 yard underground range off the back of his shop. Its a large buried pipe. Very well done. I’ve heard of underground pipes like that but never heard of one that long, let alone seen one.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; April 2nd, 2021 at 07:12 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast