Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Reloading Components Availability

Same here, primers, none to be had. Sales person said the manufacturers are buying them up and none or very little is making it to the reloading markets. Reloading the 223/556 is new for me, I have enough for my other calibers but would like to reload the brass I have fired, no CCI450's or 7 1/2. So if all the primers are going to the ammo manufactures why's it not showing up in the retail market, who's getting it before it can hit the shelves. Is Soros's stocking up his own people...

I just got into the reloding gig this year . looks like I picked one of the worst years . have the bullets , brass , powders and dies but trying to find 223/556 primers has been impossible for me . you see all of them on the gun sites and people are asking crazy amounts for them , when do you cave in and pay ? I have even found 223 ammo easier than primers lol

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    I just got into the reloding gig this year . looks like I picked one of the worst years . have the bullets , brass , powders and dies but trying to find 223/556 primers has been impossible for me . you see all of them on the gun sites and people are asking crazy amounts for them , when do you cave in and pay ? I have even found 223 ammo easier than primers lol

Yeah, the Primers are almost impossible to get at this point. I lucked out and found some Bench Rests last month, but you're paying double the price for BR compared to regular CCI's.

That being said, I am looking just about everyday and also on another thread with people looking. If I come across any, I will absolutely let you know on here. I keep hearing good things about

https://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/...ng/powder.html if you are local. I think they limit to 300 primers a day though.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCGRUNT View Post
    Yeah, the Primers are almost impossible to get at this point. I lucked out and found some Bench Rests last month, but you're paying double the price for BR compared to regular CCI's.

That being said, I am looking just about everyday and also on another thread with people looking. If I come across any, I will absolutely let you know on here. I keep hearing good things about

https://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/...ng/powder.html if you are local. I think they limit to 300 primers a day though.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I Stopped by Shydas the other day and thyey were out of primer other than match pistol magnum .

Was in the area and figured i would give it a try .

They did have a descent selection of powder if anybody is looking , maybe give them a buzz first .

(Berks County)

One of my favorite places for sure.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post
    Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I Stopped by Shydas the other day and thyey were out of primer other than match pistol magnum .

Was in the area and figured i would give it a try .

They did have a descent selection of powder if anybody is looking , maybe give them a buzz first .
    I always wanted to go to Shydas to check the place out. Maybe I'll try to get there this week.

American reloading just dropped a bunch of various 9mm pulled bullets.

https://americanreloading.com/en/75-...0-auto-355-356

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    American reloading just dropped a bunch of various 9mm pulled bullets.

https://americanreloading.com/en/75-...0-auto-355-356
    Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up another 1000 124 gr HSTs. I ordered from American reloading before and loaded a lot of their 147 gr HSTs. This is one of the most premium 9mm bullets available and they are not normally sold as reloading components. And the loaded ammo was hard for civilians to find even before the recent BS.

With my previous orders from them their pulled bullets usually have very minor pull marks and can be loaded as is. The only downside is you need to look thru them carefully because there may be a few other types mixed in. I would not recommend their bullet mixes though. It takes a lot of time separate all of the different types and then to be safe you need to work up a load for the oddballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up another 1000 124 gr HSTs. I ordered from American reloading before and loaded a lot of their 147 gr HSTs. This is one of the most premium 9mm bullets available and they are not normally sold as reloading components. And the loaded ammo was hard for civilians to find even before the recent BS.

With my previous orders from them their pulled bullets usually have very minor pull marks and can be loaded as is. The only downside is you need to look thru them carefully because there may be a few other types mixed in. I would not recommend their bullet mixes though. It takes a lot of time separate all of the different types and then to be safe you need to work up a load for the oddballs.
    That's been my experience as well. I've loaded and shot thousands of their pulled projectiles with no issues. I agree about the bullet mixes. Early on I ordered several mixed orders and the "mix" was always the same ratio of many undesirable styles and weights with a handful of premium tossed in.

(Philadelphia County)

Midway has a bunch of primers going out. Limited (1000) per customer. Sometimes you just have to keep refreshing. You can select the availability tab and it will show you what’s available.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast