Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: People Moving Into PA Turning The State Democratic

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I just thought it was some dumb kid much like myself when I was a kid.
    So why do you think Billie is dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    So why do you think Billie is dumb?
    This is boring.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    ...The country will split and I hope it does soon. I just want to be in a red state when it happens.
    Problem is it's not as simple as 'red' state. If you look by county, most states are vast areas of red and a few urban areas of blue. Depending on the state, the overall state is 'red' or 'blue' but it's intermixed.

PA a good example. PA is pretty hard red except for philly and pburgh (and state college but far-lesser population wise). Because of Philly's size/density, the population breakdown is such that the state is purple-leaning-blue on state-wide basis.

MO is another good example. MO is pretty hard red except for St. Louis and Kansas City. Because neither STL or KC is a huge city, the population breakdown is such the whole state is pretty red.

Even in the most extreme cases, e.g. New York, it's very much 'urban' vs. 'rural' with the 'suburban' in-between being what swings it.

Most of the land area of the US is red. Most counties are red. But the cities have such population density that it's much more a toss-up by population.

Just saying unless you want to move to the north-central states, I'm not sure where your safe 'red state' would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DGAF

(Susquehanna County)

Simple solution. When you put your place up for sale or subdivide your Clean and Green property refuse to sell to those types who are fleeing the stupidity but won't leave their own behind.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

This is why, I told the wife I wouldn't move to PA West Virginia and Tennessee are the only two choices for me now.

(Berks County)

WV is appealing for sure.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

> KCJones

I know PA is alot like other states...vast red areas outvoted by liberal cities. I took a gamble picking PA over SC. I was hoping SCOTUS would have decided a significant 2nd amendment case by the end of Trump's first term. I lost that gamble. If Biden wins, he is going to pick a few anti 2nd amendment SCOTUS judges who will reverse Heller. That or a semi auto rifle registration/ban will be the spark of the second American Civil War. I don't think that is hyperbole. If the country splits into parts, regardless of how red PA is in the middle of the state, in my opinion there is a greater chance it will stay with the Northeast states in terms of Democrat governance. I don't want to be here when that happens. In addition, PASP has a registry of firearms, I doubt many of them will honor their oath. I think there is a better chance in SC.

Everything is a tradeoff. I need to live in a red state where I can find a job in my field and I do not like winters colder than PA. The northeast border of SC is my next choice. I think there is less of a chance of SC turning blue than TN. In my opinion, TN has a few cities that are attracting progressive Democrats. In ten years, TN will be like PA. I can't convince my wife to move to WV and i would be harder for me to find a job there anyway. I'm working on convincing her to move to SC if Trump can't prove the Democrats are cheating bastards.

(Tioga County)

At some point you can't have these libtards chasing you all over the country. As some point you have to put the stake in the ground and fight for your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    > KCJones

I know PA is alot like other states...vast red areas outvoted by liberal cities. I took a gamble picking PA over SC. I was hoping SCOTUS would have decided a significant 2nd amendment case by the end of Trump's first term. I lost that gamble. If Biden wins, he is going to pick a few anti 2nd amendment SCOTUS judges who will reverse Heller. That or a semi auto rifle registration/ban will be the spark of the second American Civil War. I don't think that is hyperbole. If the country splits into parts, regardless of how red PA is in the middle of the state, in my opinion there is a greater chance it will stay with the Northeast states in terms of Democrat governance. I don't want to be here when that happens. In addition, PASP has a registry of firearms, I doubt many of them will honor their oath. I think there is a better chance in SC.

Everything is a tradeoff. I need to live in a red state where I can find a job in my field and I do not like winters colder than PA. The northeast border of SC is my next choice. I think there is less of a chance of SC turning blue than TN. In my opinion, TN has a few cities that are attracting progressive Democrats. In ten years, TN will be like PA. I can't convince my wife to move to WV and i would be harder for me to find a job there anyway. I'm working on convincing her to move to SC if Trump can't prove the Democrats are cheating bastards.
    Central Nebraska...only thing blue about that state is Omaha

If there is a divide, id bet it’s likely be along the mason dixon line, up around Ohio/Indiana, down around Illinois and up along Michigan.

So basically the Midwest/Bible Belt and the south against the northeast and the west coast...
    Last edited by Woodwanderer; November 23rd, 2020 at 10:21 PM.

>Wanneroo - I agree but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for their pensions at the same time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast