Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: People Moving Into PA Turning The State Democratic

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Central Nebraska...only thing blue about that state is Omaha
    Considered it. Definitely was top five choice and not ruled out if I can't convince the wife to move to SC. She was open to Nebraska. I'm hoping I don't have to move. I love PA. I hope either Trump proves he won or SCOTUS comes out with a big 2nd amendment decision in the next year. If Biden becomes President, I will start the process in 2021 of trying to move my job, finding a new house, packing, and selling my house.

Quote Originally Posted by ed bernay View Post
    Considered it. Definitely was top five choice and not ruled out if I can't convince the wife to move to SC. She was open to Nebraska. I'm hoping I don't have to move. I love PA. I hope either Trump proves he won or SCOTUS comes out with a big 2nd amendment decision in the next year. If Biden becomes President, I will start the process in 2021 of trying to move my job, finding a new house, packing, and selling my house.
    Lived out there for 3 years. Planning to go back ASAP depending on what happens with this election. Check out the tri cities area, Kearney specifically. Hastings is a good option also. north platte is ok, more like western PA though and more agricultural.

During the 2009/2010 crap economy, they had a local unemployment rate of 1% in Kearney. There’s always positions open at Eaton, Baldwin Filters, Chief...basically any of the manufacturing companies. Decent pay (I was making $17 an hour at Chief, thru a temp agency, Eaton pays about $25+ but it’s 12 hours 7 days a week mandatory overtime usually).

Cost of living is low though and people are really nice/neighborly. I had a huge 1 bedroom apartment for $450 a month with everything included. 2-3 bedroom Houses with land can be had for 50k or less if you look hard enough.

It is VERY flat. Winter is desolate. Huge shock when you are used to mountains in the winter. Summertime, it can top out to 110+ with average to high humidity. Almost zero shade.

2A wise you can purchase long guns with a standard background check, or private sale. Handguns require a license from the state for purchase. Once you have the license though it forgoes background checks for pistol purchases and allows you to purchase private sale handguns without a background check AFAIK (never got mine while there)

>Woodwanderer - Thanks for the info. I thought handgun registration was for Omaha only (which is a turnoff for me)? Licensing requirement for purchase statewide is definitely a turnoff but I would have to weight all the pros and cons.

>Woodwanderer - Thanks for the info. I thought handgun registration was for Omaha only (which is a turnoff for me)? Licensing requirement for purchase statewide is definitely a turnoff but I would have to weight all the pros and cons.
    Is only for handguns that you need the purchase card..unless that’s changed in the past couple years (haven’t been out there since 2014). No registration of them AFAIK. I stayed out of Omaha, so can’t comment on that.

While out there for college the first time around I never established residency: I was able to buy all the long guns I wanted with no troubles. Handguns they required the card, which requires residency to get. When I was last put there I established residency but wasn’t there long enough afterwards to get the card.

Easiest way around that is to buy everything you want now and take it with you if you don’t want to purchase handguns once you get there

The only other thing I can comment on: don’t expect to find many indoor or public ranges/private clubs. There is one outdoor range on the outskirts of Kearney that I know of but that was all I could find.

Oh, and expect to drive 30 min/40 miles in any direction minimum if you want to go anywhere but Downtown. Grand island has most of your major big box stores (Walmart, sams, etc) and is about 40 miles from Kearney (Hastings is about the same from both, they make up a tri city triangle). GI is also home to Hornady manufacturing, has a Case/New Holland plant that is usually hiring welders...lots of John Deere dealerships to work for in service tech/trucking jobs...harvest season if you have a cdl can net you a lot of work driving trucks...most towns have ethanol plants you could work at...the economy and job market are out there

Another option to look at is Kansas. They have constitutional carry and it’s similar to Nebraska living.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    This is why, I told the wife I wouldn't move to PA West Virginia and Tennessee are the only two choices for me now.
    Yet according to your profile you're in New Jersey, one of the worst states in the country for gun rights.

(Schuylkill County)

If Biden wins, he is going to pick a few anti 2nd amendment SCOTUS judges who will reverse Heller.
    Even if Biden does win there will have to be openings in the SCOTUS before he can pick.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    Even if Biden does win there will have to be openings in the SCOTUS before he can pick.
    not if the dems get the senate and add seats to SCOTUS. don't think they'll do that?
    -Brandon

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    not if the dems get the senate and add seats to SCOTUS. don't think they'll do that?
    That's if the Dems get an adequate number of people appointed to the Senate.

Too many "Republican" politicians in PA are useless. What cowards. Do they not realize that if Democrats get away with cheating in this election, they will cheat in future elections and learn from their mistakes this time.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20201204.html

(Jefferson County)

NY, NJ, and MD have enough Democrat voters to spare. Enough could move to PA to swing PA's state level to Democrat while maintaining liberal control in their home states. Just like how California did to AZ, CO, and NV.

Support abortion. Typically Democrats use that service. Let them euthanize future Democrat voters.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast