Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: E-mail Governor Wolf to Sign Pro-Gun Bills

Quote Originally Posted by vfinnell View Post
    Thanks to everyone who took action on this alert for Governor Wolf. It is not surprising that Governor Wolf would promise a veto for these bills. Nevertheless, he needs to hear from gun owners across Pennsylvania.
    It's time for the asshole to get an override beat down. Sending emails to Wolf is a fool's errand. Our efforts need to be focused on an override. One way or another these assholes on both sides of the aisle need a "Come to Jesus" experience.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    It's time for the asshole to get an override beat down. Sending emails to Wolf is a fool's errand. Our efforts need to be focused on an override. One way or another these assholes on both sides of the aisle need a "Come to Jesus" experience.
    We are following a process. We sent numerous alerts statewide for both HB 1747 and HB 2440, not to mention lobbying at the Capitol to get these bills pushed out of their respective Senate committees. Now that they are on the Governor's desk, the next phase is to alert people to contact the Governor. It's expected he'll veto it, but he still needs to hear from Pennsylvania gun owners. Once he vetoes it, we can push for an override vote which will likely be unsuccessful. However, it is also another recorded vote and we want to have it on record.

There are not any additional session days on the House or Senate calendars right now, so there may not be an opportunity to try to override Wolf's expected veto.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Chester County)

We are following a process. We sent numerous alerts statewide for both HB 1747 and HB 2440, not to mention lobbying at the Capitol to get these bills pushed out of their respective Senate committees. Now that they are on the Governor's desk, the next phase is to alert people to contact the Governor. It's expected he'll veto it, but he still needs to hear from Pennsylvania gun owners. Once he vetoes it, we can push for an override vote which will likely be unsuccessful. However, it is also another recorded vote and we want to have it on record.

There are not any additional session days on the House or Senate calendars right now, so there may not be an opportunity to try to override Wolf's expected veto.
    I always send emails and make calls when I get an action request from GOA or FOAC; but sending emails to Wolf just makes the vindictive asshole dig in his heels. I leave the strategy to you guys, as I don't know what's going on in the background, but unless you start out with the votes to override or a path to taking Wolf down, I fail to see how it means anything. More than a few of our reps will vote for something if they're sure it will not actually happen. How many times did Congress vote to repeal the ACA for political theater, and what happened when they actually could make it stick? We need to learn to play as dirty as our opponents.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Butler County)

Have we heard anything? If Wolf lets these sit to become law without signature, how long do they have to sit for?
    -Brandon

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Have we heard anything? If Wolf lets these sit to become law without signature, how long do they have to sit for?
    I don't recall where but I seem to recall him vetoing both bills that came up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't recall where but I seem to recall him vetoing both bills that came up.
    im-shocked-shocked-5c636f.jpg
    -Brandon

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    10 days. Nothing yet from Wolf.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I always send emails and make calls when I get an action request from GOA or FOAC; but sending emails to Wolf just makes the vindictive asshole dig in his heels. I leave the strategy to you guys, as I don't know what's going on in the background, but unless you start out with the votes to override or a path to taking Wolf down, I fail to see how it means anything. More than a few of our reps will vote for something if they're sure it will not actually happen. How many times did Congress vote to repeal the ACA for political theater, and what happened when they actually could make it stick? We need to learn to play as dirty as our opponents.
    I appreciate your thoughts. There is a lot of value in what we did. We have a recorded vote on both bills plus amendments. Obviously, we want to replace Wolf in 2022 with a pro-gun Governor. Then there is absolutely no excuse for pro-gun bills not getting passed and signed into law. When the Republicans had a trifecta, they didn't deliver anything and that has to change. The last major pro-gun that passed was Castle Doctrine.

We will have to defeat Josh Shapiro in 2022 and hang on to a pro-gun majority. That will be the next major battle coming. If we are successful, then we need to see some good bills pass.

(Berks County)

10 days. Nothing yet from Wolf.
    So not vetoed yet? I'm happy to be wrong on that.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

my guess is within the last 24 hours of the tenth day, veto...
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast