Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philly Gun Permit Unit closes yet again (stated reason is COVID)

https://www.ppd-ltc.com/

"Philadelphia, PA 19134
    IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!!
    Due to several positive COVID-19 cases and the need to quarantine as advised by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, the Gun Permits Unit will be closed to the public beginning on Wednesday, November 19, 2020, and will re-open on Monday, December 7, 2020.

*This closure includes all walk-up service and previously scheduled appointments.

In the continued interest of the health and safety of PPD employees and the communities we serve, all PPD facilities and locations directly impacted by employees with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, will be sanitized and deep cleaned.

COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Philadelphia and as essential workers on the pandemic’s frontline, the Philadelphia Police Department will continue to take all necessary health and safety precautions while serving the public.

To reschedule your appointment, contact (215) 685- 3661 or (215) 685-3662"

No, they don't seem to pick up at those numbers and there is no way to leave a message.

No idea if they will actually re-open in December

Yes, in past years they also tend to close from December 20 or so until earlyish January.

No, I have no idea what will happen to people approved for new or renewal LTCFs that will not be able to pick up same under the Philly GPU's more or less arbitrary 45 day after grant window (as the GPU will not mail out new cards and purposely does not take a LTCF card photo until the time of pickup and presumably discards the passport size photos they require at time of application).

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philly Gun Permit Unit closes yet again (stated reason is COVID)

Absolutely insane. Permit-less/Constitutional carry now.

Utterly ridiculous. I was called about a month ago to reschedule my renewal appointment from Nov 2021 (!!!) to this upcoming Wed when they opened up night hours. No further communication, had I not checked here I would have shown up Wed at 6 like a chump to a closed facility. Now I'm assuming I will have to call and and call and call to get through to reschedule again for over a year from now. what an absolute joke, the state needs to allow this to be done in a different way since the city is clearly not competent enough to handle it!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dawkins20 View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. I was called about a month ago to reschedule my renewal appointment from Nov 2021 (!!!) to this upcoming Wed when they opened up night hours. No further communication, had I not checked here I would have shown up Wed at 6 like a chump to a closed facility. Now I'm assuming I will have to call and and call and call to get through to reschedule again for over a year from now. what an absolute joke, the state needs to allow this to be done in a different way since the city is clearly not competent enough to handle it!
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/philadelphia

FPC is suing PPD, the city and the State Police over it. They are still looking for plaintiffs to join the suit. Shoot them an email. hotline@fpchq.org.

(Juniata County)

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by inrem View Post
    https://www.ppd-ltc.com/

"Philadelphia, PA 19134
    IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!!
    Due to several positive COVID-19 cases and the need to quarantine as advised by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, the Gun Permits Unit will be closed to the public beginning on Wednesday, November 19, 2020, and will re-open on Monday, December 7, 2020.
    Pearl Harbor Day Another sneak attack??

*This closure includes all walk-up service and previously scheduled appointments.

In the continued interest of the health and safety of PPD employees and the communities we serve, all PPD facilities and locations directly impacted by employees with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, will be sanitized and deep cleaned.

COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Philadelphia and as essential workers on the pandemic*s frontline, the Philadelphia Police Department will continue to take all necessary health and safety precautions while serving the public.

To reschedule your appointment, contact (215) 685- 3661 or (215) 685-3662"

No, they don't seem to pick up at those numbers and there is no way to leave a message.

No idea if they will actually re-open in December

Yes, in past years they also tend to close from December 20 or so until earlyish January.

No, I have no idea what will happen to people approved for new or renewal LTCFs that will not be able to pick up same under the Philly GPU's more or less arbitrary 45 day after grant window (as the GPU will not mail out new cards and purposely does not take a LTCF card photo until the time of pickup and presumably discards the passport size photos they require at time of application).
    Just "Axing"
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Philadelphia County)

I'm good untill 2022,hopefully things are straightened out by then.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

no one is answering contact phones

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan View Post
    no one is answering contact phones
    ....and they probably won't until on or after the 7th.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

I actually got a random call from the GPU this week (phone number was blocked or otherwise did not indicate the GPU).

I was told they currently intend to re-open the morning of the 7th. Not sure if that info was just for approved LTCF pickups or general.

But that I should call first (on or after the 7th) before coming in December as the currently planned December 7th re-open was not a sure thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast