Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Ammo Shortage Update

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Here is my take:

1. Ammo can be found. It is out there but you have to pay $$$$. For people with money to spend, its hard to swallow but they will pay. If you don't have money, its is total BS. This is part of the gun control big test. Make Ammo very expensive, problem partially solved in their little minds. I for one can afford nearly a $1/round of 9mm FMG 115g but won't pay for it. Period. If I need to shoot, I will dip into my stock.
    2. Without Wally World in the hand gun and certain long arms ammunition business anymore, its allowing other retailers to do as they wish and set the market. Wally World was a bit of an equalizing factor when it came to pricing.
    3. Once the new shooters craze is over, things may in fact get better. More supply of ammo on the market with less demand equals lower prices.
    4. Biden is a wild card. With a Republican controlled Senate and the SCOTUS we have now, I am not as worried about ammo pricing. All relies on the January 2021 Georgia runoff. If for some stupid reason the Dems win the GA seats and the Senate goes to 50/50 with Harris have the deciding vote... all bets are off and we can expect the ammo gouging to continue.

All IMHO.
    I agree, the Georgia deal has become as important as the general election if not more important . I suspect there will be fraud tried in this one as well .

(Montgomery County)

Stopped at Walmart in Hatfield today and took a peek in the ammo section. They were unloading a couple of carts full of shot shells, 22, 308, 300 win mag and some other stuff I couldn*t see the labels..
    I asked the guy working there when the next delivery would be in and he said that this was inventory that they had for weeks but were keeping in the back until after the election* He said they should be getting regular deliveries now...

(Allegheny County)

That makes as much sense as keeping toilet paper in the back until "after covid".

I don't doubt he told you that, but it doesn't make any sense.
    What would the reason be for not selling inventory?
    The entire point of "Walmart" is to make money.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That makes as much sense as keeping toilet paper in the back until "after covid".

They hid the guns and ammo in some stores, expecting to be looted.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

It*s funny, I remember you saying that I think on another thread.. I was really surprised when he said it.. but, a lot of the ammo was not in cases, they were in 50/20 ct boxes. It looked like you would expect if they unloaded the shelves onto a warehouse cart..

I can shed a little light on Walmart bs.

The employees control the inventory that you see.

Long story short, wally world employees keep things for themselves and their friends to buy at a certain time and in this case at a major price reduction.

I am certain they hide ammo from time to time for themselves to purchase at the end of the shift.

Just something to consider with the wally world.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
    I can shed a little light on Walmart bs.

The employees control the inventory that you see.

Long story short, wally world employees keep things for themselves and their friends to buy at a certain time and in this case at a major price reduction.

I am certain they hide ammo from time to time for themselves to purchase at the end of the shift.

Just something to consider with the wally world.
    I'm sure it happens. Probably happens more in rural areas where ammo is a bigger deal than it is here.
    Getting away with it long term would be tricky unless managers are in on it.

I've set aside a tub of Clorox wipes for myself/family, but I wouldn't ever do it routinely, or as a means of selling it for 10x the price on ebay.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I've resorted to taking all of the re-chambered ammo from the armory after the Sgt. Swaps them out from the "House" guns. 9mm only. Sucks but I'll take the chance. At least the rounds are Speer Gold Dots.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Franklin County)

I ordered 900 rounds of various calibers back in October from Opticsplanet. They had a good price on 9mm and 38 at the time. It was supposed to ship in 2 to 3 weeks originally, then it went to mid December, now it's supposed to ship in mid March. At this point I figure I'll never see it.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I ordered 900 rounds of various calibers back in October from Opticsplanet. They had a good price on 9mm and 38 at the time. It was supposed to ship in 2 to 3 weeks originally, then it went to mid December, now it's supposed to ship in mid March. At this point I figure I'll never see it.
    In my experience that's par for the course with optics planet. I wouldn't order anything from there and expect the item(s) to be in stock, available, or ship under anything advertised, because they suck.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast