Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ammo Shortage Update

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Consider: if you and many others like you think along the same lines and choose not to renew, there might not be a range to go to after this is all over.
    This. All pro 2ñd resources can use all the help they can get right now. If your resources allow it consider renewing to help them out

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    No conspiracy theories yet on indirect gun control?
    Don't get attention restricting firearms - limit the ammo/components and the effect is the same.....................
    Not a theory but a fact.

Leftists have been saying they were going to do this for years, same with taxation.

Make it prohibitively expensive so only the wealthy may partake and afford them to defend themselves from us low class savages.

We are open air slaves and they are locking our collars on.
    Make no mistake.

(Bradford County)

I have NEVER understood the "...well, it doesn't affect me..." way of thinking. I see it all the time, as my business revolves around flintlocks and so a number of the folks with whom I do business have let drop disparaging comments about the 'useless' black guns etc. I just can't understand how someone can think this way. Communist a-holes could care less whether it's an AR or a Lyman, they simply want complete, utter disarmament and have figured on the slower death by a thousand cuts approach. I just don't get it.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    Sounds like Erie has some..Sportsman's Warehouse Erie, Pa

It doesn't look like that today, when I stopped in after work. Still plenty of Fiocchi, but none of the other brands.

There is a 2 box limit on each brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Wayne County)

Found 9mm on the counter of my local LGS today, 1 box per person.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

If anyone is interested in dry fire practice - iTarget Pro is the cost of two boxes of ammo. You dry-fire with a laser cartridge. An app on the phone uses the phone's camera to see where the shot landed on the target, and then the bullet hole shows up on the target image on the phone's screen. I have one, and it works pretty good. Even better with a double-action pistol or revolver, since you need to rack the slide of a striker-fired or SAO gun before each shot.

They advertise on Bongino's podcast. 10% off and free shipping with promo code "Dan".

(Lehigh County)

I have an iTarget and haven't used it much. It works OK but it's kind of a PITA getting it set up and calibrated. I also have a Mantis X trainer that's much easier to use - just lock it into a rail on any gun that has one. It's got a bunch of accelerometers that work to trach barrel movement before, during, and after trigger pull and displays it on a 3 color graph. Pretty neat. I have the original X model, live and dry fire, and they've revised their product line so I think the X3 is the equivalent. When I got mine there was a $20 discount available thru some Navy Seal's website so check around if this piques your interest.

https://mantisx.com/pages/compare-mantisx-models
    NRA Life Member

(Washington County)

Since our MG rental business closed for the season on Oct 31st, we were seriously considering selling our remaining ammo inventory, but decided against it few days ago. We open back up in April 2021 and don't want to get stuck with no ammo for the MG's. We have 100,000+ rounds on back order for the 2021 season, but who knows IF and when that will arrive.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Since our MG rental business closed for the season on Oct 31st, we were seriously considering selling our remaining ammo inventory, but decided against it few days ago. We open back up in April 2021 and don't want to get stuck with no ammo for the MG's. We have 100,000+ rounds on back order for the 2021 season, but who knows IF and when that will arrive.
    That was definitely the smart move. You guys would lose a lot of revenue come spring with the MGs sitting idle if this doesn't start evening out. The risk wouldn't be worth the elevated sale price you'd get for it now.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    That was definitely the smart move. You guys would lose a lot of revenue come spring with the MGs sitting idle if this doesn't start evening out. The risk wouldn't be worth the elevated sale price you'd get for it now.
    And that does double-duty as your SHTF ammo.

Wolverines know who to call.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast