Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ammo Shortage Update

I hit Walmart today and they one exactly ONE box of 7mm mag ammunition in the case and the area where shotgun shells are were empty. There was one over under in the case as well as one budget scoped rife package of some sort.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    In 2013, we .40 S&W owners were sitting pretty. For a while, it was the only caliber on the shelves. Sucks that people caught on to us.

Serves them right - everybody who bought a .40 LEO trade-in just for this situation is S.O.L.
    When I was in F&S (Cranberry location) last week they had tons of .40 S&W. Might be worth checking to see if its still there.
    -Brandon

(Beaver County)

Well, I bought an Umarex Steel Storm bb gun tonight so at least I'll be able to shoot that in a few days. Earlier this year I could still shoot my 7.62x39 AR and my shotguns but even that is drying up now. My wife and I were talking about whether it's even worth it to renew our range membership for 2021 if there's no ammo and I'm undecided whether to let it expire or not.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    When I was in F&S (Cranberry location) last week they had tons of .40 S&W. Might be worth checking to see if its still there.
    Don't tempt me. I have an ammo hoarding problem. And I'd just go next door to Costco and buy more toilet paper.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    And piss off the Fudds? Not a chance
    I really don't think they care about the fudds one bit.

Sounds like Erie has some..Sportsman's Warehouse Erie, Pa

(Perry County)

I was looking in a desk I have in the garage that started life as my business desk for transfers. I found 90 rounds of .45 GAP carry ammo in a drawer. As luck would have it, my Glock 39 is one of the unloved guns I didn't sell recently since they go for next to nothing. Looks like it will become a center console gun.

Next I'll be setting up my reloading bench. I have a lot of powder and 1000 large pistol primers. I don't recall what bullets I have but I'll have to see what I can make. If nothing else, maybe some one-for-one trade bait.

Fortunately, I don't "need" any ammo but I'm kicking myself for those times I chose not to grab yet another 1000 rounds when the price was great and funds were available.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    No surprise there...expect at least til Q3/Q4 of the next election cycle, if ever.

Prices be damned, buy it now wherever you can get it from and SIT ON IT. It’s only gonna get worse. Especially with your popular hunting calibers, since most places don’t manufacture them year round and are geared towards military calibers currently
    5.56 kills 🦌 just fine.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

No conspiracy theories yet on indirect gun control?
    Don't get attention restricting firearms - limit the ammo/components and the effect is the same.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Well, I bought an Umarex Steel Storm bb gun tonight so at least I'll be able to shoot that in a few days. Earlier this year I could still shoot my 7.62x39 AR and my shotguns but even that is drying up now. My wife and I were talking about whether it's even worth it to renew our range membership for 2021 if there's no ammo and I'm undecided whether to let it expire or not.
    Consider: if you and many others like you think along the same lines and choose not to renew, there might not be a range to go to after this is all over.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast