Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Secure it gun lockers

If you want a level of security sufficient to deter children or curious visitors, there are a lot of relatively inexpensive options. But if the goal is security from determined and capable thieves, most commercial safe options will fail relatively quickly. That raised the question of whether home security deterrents may be more effective in preventing theft. Do you need and can you afford a bank vault at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    He's a YouTuber who had a review of the product the OP asked about. Whether you liked it or not, I don't care. As for the rest, you've got it all figured out, so nothing more needs to be said.
    Sure seems like you have it all figured out, from some "YouTuber" video.

I really couldn't care what you think about, what I care about either, however, that video was ridiculous.

I also stand by my statement that if you have junk for firearms, then feel free to buy junk gun safes for them.

It reminds me of people that spend hundreds of dollars on a handgun, then don't want to spend over $10 on a decent holster, and then wonder why it doesn't hold it properly or why the handgun gets dropped from/by it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    Sure seems like you have it all figured out, from some "YouTuber" video.

I really couldn't care what you think about, what I care about either, however, that video was ridiculous.

I also stand by my statement that if you have junk for firearms, then feel free to buy junk gun safes for them.

It reminds me of people that spend hundreds of dollars on a handgun, then don't want to spend over $10 on a decent holster, and then wonder why it doesn't hold it properly or why the handgun gets dropped from/by it.
    I never endorsed the contents of the video, only posted it because the OP asked for info. As for junk safes, given the time and the tools, ANY residential safe can be breached. You should focus on a layered security approach for your home and not just rely on a safe alone. Your average thief isn't going to take the time to cut open the top of a safe. A pro who knows you have guns might. If they're really good, they won't need to cut anything. An alarm system (or three), plus cameras, maybe a dog, will go long way to deter most theft attempts, amateur or pro. At the end of the day, nothing is foolproof, so that's where a good insurance policy comes in to cover your "junk guns".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12