Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Pro-2A Militias Are ‘Treasonous’

I thought they were racist?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    🤔

Forming militias to defend the Constitution may not only be unlawful, but downright treasonous according to one historian and legal analyst.

patrick charles the Senior Historian for U.S. Special Operations Command, told CBS News that the civilian-led militias in Virginia that have emerged in direct response to Democratic efforts to infringe on gun rights over the past several years may be betraying the very country they claim to be protecting.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/p...re-treasonous/
    Except this Dweeb forgot the one and only definition of TREASON that has any meaning in the US. "Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open court." Additionally since the US is NOT in a state of declared war, treason cannot and typically is not applied to crimes that might be called treason. e.g. John Walker Lindh the American Taliban, captured in armed opposition to US forces in combat. NOT charged with treason, though in my mind he should have faced a military court and a firing squad in Afghanistan. Robert Hanssen and FBI Agent sold classified info to the USSR and Alexander Yuk Ching Ma, a former CIA agent sold info up to Top Secret classification to PRC. None of these deserving as might be were charged with treason.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "Legal scholars" who tell us that the National Guard took the place of the 2nd Amendment militia, are incompetent and should be disbarred.

This. The National Guard is a federally funded military organization which meets the definition of a standing army. It is available for federal service at any time, it just also happens to have a A State chain of command. If however the Governor says “no you’re not going on federal orders” and the president says yes, the courts have made it clear that the guard is a federal resource.

Likewise: many states have legal definitions for the militia, including Pennsylvania.

State law makes it clear that the National Guard, the Pennsylvania State Guard, and the militia are separate organizations. But hey, why would a legal scholar actually look at the law.

For example: the Governor may draft any member of the militia into the Pennsylvania State Guard.

Farther, PA state Guard can not be required to serve outside of the Commonwealth, except when in active pursuit. Unlike the PA national guard, which fairly regularly requires me to serve all over the damned place.

507. Draft from militia for emergency.
    The Governor shall have the power to order out for actual service with the Pennsylvania Guard by draft as many persons from the militia as necessity demands during a war or other emergency. The Governor is hereby authorized to form, adopt and prescribe such rules and regulations, and appoint such officers and civilian boards and fix their compensation, for the purpose of drafting the militia, when such process may be required, as deemed best and most expedient. Any such rules or regulations shall not conflict with any Federal Selective Service Act or National Draft Act in effect at the time.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ype=HTM&ttl=51

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...hoice=suppress

CHAPTER 3
    THE MILITIA

Sec.
    301. Formation.

Enactment. Chapter 3 was added August 1, 1975, P.L.233, No.92, effective January 1, 1976.
    § 301. Formation.
    (a) Pennsylvania militia.--The militia of this Commonwealth shall consist of:
    (1) all able-bodied citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing within this Commonwealth, who are at least 17 years six months of age and, except as hereinafter provided, not more than 55 years of age; and
    (2) such other persons as may, upon their own application, be enlisted or commissioned therein.
    (b) Pennsylvania naval militia.--The naval militia of this Commonwealth, when organized pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated by the Governor, shall consist of those persons as may, upon their own application, be enlisted or commissioned therein.

506. Organization of Pennsylvania Guard for emergency.
    Whenever the Pennsylvania National Guard, or any part thereof, shall be called or ordered into the service of the United States, the Governor may organize units of the Pennsylvania Guard for the internal security of this Commonwealth. The Governor shall comply with the laws of the United States for the organization, maintenance and functioning of this force. The Governor is further empowered to organize at any time a nucleus of Pennsylvania Guard personnel for the purpose of planning.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Can you point out which case he is winning? Because every transcript I've read sure makes it seem like these attorneys are getting their teeth kicked in out there.
    Sure, https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202011120132
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Can you point out which case he is winning? Because every transcript I've read sure makes it seem like these attorneys are getting their teeth kicked in out there.
    Have some faith...

(Butler County)

All the media outlets are going to keep trying to convince you that Trump is done and he should concede. They're all trying to push the narrative. Don't listen to it!
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    All the media outlets are going to keep trying to convince you that Trump is done and he should concede. They're all trying to push the narrative. Don't listen to it!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123