Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: What mag fed semi-auto shotguns should I consider?

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Just a heads up, check Tanner's Facebook page regularly. They had 40 bullpup shotguns come in and were sold out in like 2 days at most.

-Zach
    Quote Originally Posted by Guacamole View Post
    That fast? Geez, I'll never get one unless they list it on Friday & I get there Saturday morning lol
    At this time, 2 days is like 2 months. I can't believe anything even somewhat desirable stays in stock that long, lol.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    If you can find a shop that has one, I'll always pick the SPETS-12 first for the 12" barrel, then it's any VEPR-12, then maybe either a Fury 2, Lynx or Cheetah. Just don't go into them expecting them to run every 3 dram load under the sun right out of the box, that's not what they were built to do but they can be made to do so pretty easily in most cases.
    I'll have to agree with a VEPR. If I wasn't on the Saiga-12 bandwagon from early on I would of went that way. Little quicker mag changes.

I haven't had the chance to see a SPETS-12 yet. I would imagine that they would have issues running anything "light" since the gas system looked full length. Most of the short S-12's had a modified gas system for the lighter loads.

I would think that anything magazine fed, imported in the 12 gauge department is going to cost you extra. Dunhams is advertising a Lynx-12 for about $550, I haven't went in to see if they actually had any.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Clinton County)

In my experience I was surprised how well the shorter dwell time of the SPETS-12 functioned. Granted this was with an ALG trigger swap out of the box, it runs perfectly. Only down side I would say is the rock and lock mags but it's standard Saiga mags so easier to source. I'm partial to AK style 12ga's, they all seem to need a little work OTB but they can run target loads with some work. You just have to have your expectations in line, with so many different 12ga ammo offerings and AK shotguns designed to run buck and slug you have to expect some tinkering to run light loads.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Beaver County)

Sorry, I guess I did misunderstand that. Rough day so I had a few glasses of whiskey. The only one I can think of that really seemed to be worth getting was the Rock Island VR80. It's compatible with AR stocks and grips which is a huge benefit but I stand by my second statement about getting it at a price that won't make you vomit or finding one at all. The first time you do an online purchase, it is a bit of a pain in the dick but a lot of websites save lists of the FFLs they've shipped to so that helps simplify things a lot. Brownells and Aimsurplus both have the FFL on file that for the shop I prefer to use so I check them first when I'm trying to find something specific.

If Tanner's has the CD N4s or Typhoon X12 in stock tomorrow, I will likely buy one. Rather the CD
    Last edited by Guacamole; December 27th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

(Berks County)

I picked up a VR80 in Stormtrooper white a few months ago. It took months calling and watching online before I could find one reasonably priced. Ended up having it shipped for about $630. I wouldnt expect to find them any cheaper right now. Really wasn't a big deal having it shipped.

I will say it struggled to shoot light loads out of the box. Went through 200 rounds of 3" waterfowl loads to break it in and now it cycles fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12