Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Lawsuit Says Vehicles Brought Tens of Thousands of Unsealed Ballots to Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    If you are so mentally-disabled that you need to collect a disability check for that impairment, whether it's from being in Iraq or falling off a ladder and hitting your head, you should not own a firearm. If you're not mentally-stable enough to work, you're not mentally stable enough to own a gun.
    Depends upon your philosophy of gun rights. I subscribe to the concept that self defense is natural right that is only codified by the 2nd. People have the right to self defense with what they deem most suitable or them. It is not a right that should be lightly taken from anyone. If a person can*t work, that should not (as a blanket order) automatically mean that they lose their right to defend themselves from scumbags who want to do them harm.

Default Re: Lawsuit Says Vehicles Brought Tens of Thousands of Unsealed Ballots to Michigan

You're right, it should not be taken lightly from anyone. Like I said, 302s are flimsy many times, and red flag laws are a joke. But if you're saying, "I'm so mentally impaired that I can't hold gainful employment and need SSDI because of that" then you're too impaired to own a firearm. My girlfriend used to work as a caretaker in a group home with "mentally-challenged" folks (to use PC term), and most of them held jobs. Assembling worthless tchohtcka widgets, but jobs nonetheless. And if they need the SSDI because of mental impairment from whatever cause, I'm not passing judgement. I'm just saying, "yeah, maybe you should not have a gun right now." I feel the same way about "medical" marijuana. Can't have it both ways. You have to be pretty bat poop crazy not to be able to work at all, and I've worked with some crazy people.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Uncle Jumbo already touched on the importance of both the federal judges and Supreme Court judges. Please don*t underestimate the importance this could have to the 2nd down the road.

As far as what he did for the 2nd, I have two schools of thought on this.

1. What did you expect him to do? He had the house for two years, (with a horrible Paul Ryan) in charge..... and a non filibuster proof Senate. The reality is you could have The most pro 2nd member of this board as the President of the United State..... and they could push for National reciprocity every day of the week. But without that filibuster proof Senate it would be a waste of time. It*s the same reason Obama*s push for gun control after Sandy Hook did not succeed. He did not have the votes in the Senate. If Trump had the house and a filibuster proof Senate I would hop on board the *Trump did nothing for the 2nd* train. But the reality is the democrats would filibuster and shoot down any major pro 2nd legislation. After Las Vegas the democrats..... and to some Republicans all gun control was off the table.

That brings me to the 2nd point.

2. What Trump did for the 2nd can be seen in what did not happen during his presidency. I*ve talked about this in depth elsewhere on here but will sum up. Think about the mass shootings that took place during his presidency. Las Vegas, the Orlando Nightclub, The Stoneman Douglas High School shooting among many others. Scumbags using guns to harm others. If Hillary had been president with some of the major shooting that went on, she would have been doing a full on assault of the 2nd using the bully pulpit to press for gun reform. With the Senate in Republican hands it possibly would have gone nowhere.... but with media and public pressure plus some wishy washy republicans who knows.

But I can pretty much guarantee you that the 2020 Covid gun and ammo insanity would have started years ago. Instead after the shooting..... because Trump was president prices for guns and ammo kept on being nice, affordable and available. That would not have happened if Hillary were president. I put together a freaking ar pistol for under $250. Ar*s could be had regularly for under $400. The Trump years have been a golden age (until Covid and the election) for supporters of the 2nd. Anyone who was a 2nd supporter and did not take advantage of what we had only have themselves to blame.

Wait to the see the assault that Biden/Harris put on the 2nd, I think that will open a lot of eyes about what Trump actually meant to the 2nd.
    This. Given the focus on some crazy mass shootings over the past 4 years, and limited influence of Trump on the legislature, he did very well to protect the 2A.

4 years ago, half the folks on this site were yowling about how Trump was going to trash the 2A. He did far better than expected, and certainly FAR better than Regan.

But, weren't we talking about the stolen election? Given how strong Trump has performed on the 2A, and many other things... the left, and especially the swamp, would be foolish to not try to win the election by any means necessary, even cheating.

A 2nd term Trump presidency put them in a position with nothing left to lose. Of course they cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post

A 2nd term Trump presidency put them in a position with nothing left to lose. Of course they cheated.
    Or Trump just put his foot in his mouth too many times because he's not that bright, and he totally bungled the response to the China flu, because again, he's not that bright. But if repeating over and over again that the elections are rigged makes you feel better.... apparently, there is concern that people on the conservative side will stay home instead of voting in the run-offs in Georgia. The presidential election is over and done with, let's focus on keeping the Senate away from the Democraps, so that Joe and the Ho are stalemated, unless you enjoy losing your 2A rights.

(Perry County)

Or Trump just put his foot in his mouth too many times because he's not that bright, and he totally bungled the response to the China flu, because again, he's not that bright. But if repeating over and over again that the elections are rigged makes you feel better.... apparently, there is concern that people on the conservative side will stay home instead of voting in the run-offs in Georgia. The presidential election is over and done with, let's focus on keeping the Senate away from the Democraps, so that Joe and the Ho are stalemated, unless you enjoy losing your 2A rights.
    When did you get your degree from Warton? You can not like the man, but I'd surmise he's smarter than Bush, no less smart (but far less polished) than Obama. Biden is an idiot, so anyone that voted for him because "Trump is an idiot" has proven themselves to be an idiot.

Funny how many people want to just pretend that direct evidence of voter fraud isn't a big deal. It's almost like you don't care that voters were disenfranchised. That the possibility exists that Biden didn't win the election any more than Lance Armstrong won the Tour De France.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unclejumbo again

Daddy did not pay for me to go to Warton. I went to the school of hard knocks, then I paid my own way through community college while working full-time. Covfefe? Bush was not smart, but I'd guess he's a little smarter than Trump. Oblabla is smart. He's an SOB POS, and I despise most of his positions, but he's smart. Or maybe clever would be the better adjective.

As for voter fraud, show me the concrete evidence. Some other guy, who you all jumped on, said some of you are like the Japanese hiding on caves in the Pacific in the 70s, still swearing allegiance to the Emperor and shooting Arisakas at the planes flying overhead. Bingo. Time to regroup, hold the line on the Senate, and counterattack, and this time not behind a bumbling buffoon like Trump. China flu will be gone in a year at most, and the Republicans should be able to figuratively wipe the floor with Cameltoe with almost any candidate.

(Cambria County)

Trump is smart enough to have clandestine operators clamoring to un-fuck their local bosses situation.

Some government employees have been subject to very hard programming.

The foundation of the concept of the USA is, "For the people, by the people." If you support that, you will be okay, no matter what they say.

By the people, not by an administrator. This is a critical moment.

(Berks County)

I posted something in the "lounge" section about a Back the Blue rally in Doylestown, to fight the Burn Loot Murder crowd. You kept posting about their odious "requirement" to wear a mask because you were so incensed (which was for liability reasons, and very few attendees actually did), over and over again. That's rich. Who's trolling again?
    So in your mind refusing to wear a mask, which is proven in real time to be uneffective is trolling? Got it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Indiana County)

You're right, it should not be taken lightly from anyone. Like I said, 302s are flimsy many times, and red flag laws are a joke. But if you're saying, "I'm so mentally impaired that I can't hold gainful employment and need SSDI because of that" then you're too impaired to own a firearm. My girlfriend used to work as a caretaker in a group home with "mentally-challenged" folks (to use PC term), and most of them held jobs. Assembling worthless tchohtcka widgets, but jobs nonetheless. And if they need the SSDI because of mental impairment from whatever cause, I'm not passing judgement. I'm just saying, "yeah, maybe you should not have a gun right now." I feel the same way about "medical" marijuana. Can't have it both ways. You have to be pretty bat poop crazy not to be able to work at all, and I've worked with some crazy people.
    Yep. If somebody is too mentally unstable to hold a job he should not have a gun unless and until he is well again. And it should not matter the cause of his impairment.
    Last edited by HDT20; November 27th, 2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Use of to, when too should have been used, is too much for some.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast