Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 380 round doesn't cyle in my 32 DUH....

Thought some people might enjoy this.

I was at the range this afternoon shooting my target rifle (Anshutz 54 Match) and having a great ole time. I plunked 40-50 rounds and was about ready to head home.

I thought to myself I should fire a mag or two out of my Beretta Tomcat, my all purpose deep carry gun. First shot at 30 feet six inches high then click. Recock and click. Now I am thinking this is one of the guns I carry often and click no boom, not a happy man. I check the mag and it is not releasing the next round. Long story short (I know too late for that) I somehow grabbed a 380 round and got it to go into the magazine. I'm a silly man. Will not be making that mistake again.

Moral of the story: Don't be a dimwitted dipshit, or keep your ammo separate, or check and recheck before loading....

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 380 round doesn't cyle in my 32 DUH....

It happens to a lot of people but most won't admit it. It is a good reminder to pay attention to what you are doing and keep your ammo separated. There are many stories of people getting hurt firing the wrong ammo. At least your Beretta was smarter than you were this time.

There was a guy who used to show up at the range once in awhile. He shot milsurps with the rest of us but he had the annoying habit of dumping all his ammo (no matter what caliber) into a .30 cal ammo can. Now if he was the type that could just feel a casing and tell you the history of it...no problem. But it got real annoying when he asked us to ID his ammo before each shot. We did for our own personal safety. This went on for a few sessions. We explained to him, that in the interest of everybody's safety, he not come back until he got his shit together. Haven't seen him since.

I was deer hunting with a guy and his adult son. Dad shot at a deer and missed horribly. He then had a difficult time loading a subsequent round. He had loaded 300 savage rounds into a 30 30 in the dark that morning.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

Jules

(Allegheny County)

blue plastic ammo boxes...they're a dollar at most major sporting goods stores when they go on sale...100 pennies very well spent on something to keep your calibers separate. You didn't walk away with any injuries luckily; but ya gotta check, re-check, and do it all over again when it comes to being safe.
    Safe and happy shooting.

(York County)

better to find out at the range than on the street
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Lebanon County)

last time i had the ar out.
    ran a few mags and everything was as it should be. next mag, got 5 out of it flawless, then a FTFeed, cycled it, next rd FTF agian, repeat above, did that three times and finally got the hint. quit with it and put it away.
    got home and emptied the rest of the rounds out of it(which was wolf) one of the first rds i had loaded in it was a 7.62x39......................
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Luzerne County)

I shot .380's (9x17)out of a Mak(9x18).

And Mak's(9x18) out of Parabellum(9x19).

It happens...