Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CETME C - thoughts on first build?

Anyone here build out a CETME C parts kit from Apex? Looking to get some thoughts/tips/tricks before I decide if I want to try my hand at it. New to rifle building and the price tag caught my eye (sub $200 for parts kit including 10 mags).

Would it be worth building out vs just buying a complete CAI rifle for $750 ready to go? So far the only issue I see with building out is getting a barrel since no one has them in stock.

What’s the best/cheapest way to make these 922r compliant?

(Carbon County)

Default Re: CETME C - thoughts on first build?

The receiver blanks can be hard to get some times. You have to bend and weld it and modify the trigger group and some other parts. You should have access to a press and a welder capable of welding sheet metal for the receiver and barrel. Basically, you have to be "Handi", gunwise, and have some tools. This is not for beginners or someone that only played with black gun assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    The receiver blanks can be hard to get some times. You have to bend and weld it and modify the trigger group and some other parts. You should have access to a press and a welder capable of welding sheet metal for the receiver and barrel. Basically, you have to be "Handi", gunwise, and have some tools. This is not for beginners or someone that only played with black gun assembly.
    Got ya. I found us made receiver blanks/flats in stock for $70...apex also carries the semi auto lower already modified for semi auto for $150. Add in a barrel at $150 and Conceivably I could build a basic rifle then for about $200 less than buying one...

I’m absolutely new to this rifle building thing. Looking for a challenge honestly. Black gun assembly looks too easy lol.

I believe In Range TV did a build within the last two years and posted it. It should be on Full30.com since youtube says no to showing such things.

Thanks hodgie 👍

I have all winter to fuck with something, since I’m going to be off work on recovery time. Need a project to keep busy.

Its either this or build a long action AR10 in 270Win for long range competition and buy a prebuilt cetme or similar battle rifle

(Montgomery County)

I recently got the gun build bug. I bought from Apex gun parts a Sten MkV and a CZ 24 kit.

Paid $70 for a Rybol drill press off of Craiglist and now working on dremel cutting the Sten tube right now. I might have to get a Sten Mk 2 kit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I recently got the gun build bug. I bought from Apex gun parts a Sten MkV and a CZ 24 kit.

Paid $70 for a Rybol drill press off of Craiglist and now working on dremel cutting the Sten tube right now. I might have to get a Sten Mk 2 kit too.
    Curious to hear how your sten build goes. I looked at those too because they are stupid cheap but don’t want to mess with potential NFA/form 1 stuff... the PPS-43 and Czech SA24 caught my eye also...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Curious to hear how your sten build goes. I looked at those too because they are stupid cheap but don*t want to mess with potential NFA/form 1 stuff... the PPS-43 and Czech SA24 caught my eye also...
    yes I'll keep you posted

I'm having my semiauto Sten and the Cz24 built with 16-inch barrels to avoid the tax stamp. Damm shame making these beautiful weapons look like anteaters with the long barrel LOL I have a PPS-43/52 and a PPSH41 kit coming to me from Bowman's arms.

I might also pick up that Galil kit from Apex too.

The bending jig is pricey and hard to find in stock. You will also need a mandrel to run thru the bent flat to square it up so the bolt will run free. That is also not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
    The bending jig is pricey and hard to find in stock. You will also need a mandrel to run thru the bent flat to square it up so the bolt will run free. That is also not cheap.
    You can bend one with unistrut and the bolt can be used to straighten it out. The best place for build info is weaponsguild.com. check your bolt head to make sure it wasnt ground . I believe a hk barrel can be used but some of the journal sizes are different for the triple tree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast