Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Philadelphia man arrested for trafficking 36 firearms in 8 counties: DA

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    My understanding is if you buy more than one pistol at one time, they report it to the ATF. If the pistols are on ATF's unofficial list of cheap guns favored for this type of thing, you will probably get a knock on your door wanting to see everything you bought that day. Just to make sure you aren't reselling.

ie, buy two CZs, HKs, or 226s in one day, they probably ignore you as a collector. Buy two Hipoints or G2Cs and you will probably get a visit.

Oh, and if you know a McDonalds where I can make $20/hour ($18k in 5 months), please let me know immediately.
    You have to fill out a form if you purchase several at one shot from one place. If you by say 3 guns from 3 different vendors at a show, there is no extra form. I don't know how much the ATF tracks either, but I've done both over the years and I've never had a visit from them.

Default Re: Philadelphia man arrested for trafficking 36 firearms in 8 counties: DA

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    How many different locations did you buy your 6 guns? How many of those 6 guns did you immediately resell? To prohibited persons ?
    Three different counties/stores, we travel a fair amount so it's fun to check out new shops. Mainly bought because I couldn't find certain things I wanted locally. They're all sitting in my safe though.

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    My understanding is if you buy more than one pistol at one time, they report it to the ATF. If the pistols are on ATF's unofficial list of cheap guns favored for this type of thing, you will probably get a knock on your door wanting to see everything you bought that day. Just to make sure you aren't reselling.

ie, buy two CZs, HKs, or 226s in one day, they probably ignore you as a collector. Buy two Hipoints or G2Cs and you will probably get a visit.

Oh, and if you know a McDonalds where I can make $20/hour ($18k in 5 months), please let me know immediately.
    That makes sense, mine were by no means cheap guns! Mainly I've just been focused on getting things that are on Biden's possible "Ban" list.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You have to fill out a form if you purchase several at one shot from one place. If you by say 3 guns from 3 different vendors at a show, there is no extra form. I don't know how much the ATF tracks either, but I've done both over the years and I've never had a visit from them.
    The ATF Crime Gun Analysis Branch DOES analyze firearms purchases and provides referrals to the field agents for investigation when suspicious activity is observed.

(Delaware County)

A copy of the ATF form must also be sent to the local PD Chief. They may or may not keep a file.

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    A copy of the ATF form must also be sent to the local PD Chief. They may or may not keep a file.
    7C417313-FED4-4109-92F9-7F65AD03F150.jpg

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    By you I assume you mean the ffl. They have to notify the sheriff I believe. The purchaser doesn*t fill out any extra form.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    This really got buried. So what charges will actually be brought in court?

https://6abc.com/philly-man-arrested...es-da/7840625/
    LOOK who it is!!!!
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The guy's just trying to make an honest buck and you bust him? Always trying to keep the brothers down.
    Power to the people!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Who made the arrest? PA police or feds? Who is making hte charges PA or Feds? If they have proof of straw purchases and/or sales to prohibited persons those are violations of Federal law and Feds can prosecute him without idiocy from PA DAs.

Found It! Montgomery County DA is pressing the charges. Maybe he should refer it to the US attorney's office.
    Federal crime, federal time!
    Oh Never mind!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Probably. Until one of them turned up laying at a shooting scene.
    BINGO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast