Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Perhaps it's just me.......

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    What I remember of Economics 101 is that you charge people for the time, place, or manner in which you provide the goods or services, if your role is just selling something that you didn't make. If you want to buy during a panic, then you pay panic prices. Just like you pay more for prepared foods than for raw foods, and more for milk delivered to Alaska than in Wyoming.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    My $308 686-3 (1983 or so $$) was selling, used, for more like $600 before the panic. I don't believe selling it for $308 would be "doing the right thing". Is that just me? I seriously doubt it.
    You're absolutely correct.

It would be like people wanting you to sell the Gold you bought in 2001 @ $271.04/oz (source - Green's Historical Gold Price Table) to them, today, at that same price, when in fact the current value of Gold is $1,866.46/oz (source - JM Bullion 01/29/2021).

When you fail to properly prepare, you have to pay the failure to prepare (panic) prices.

I really don't understand why so many people have such a hard time understanding this.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I see that a new bunch of the "I won't pay above what a firearm was worth in 2018" folks are here/back at it again, posting WTB, at below bargain basement only prices, ads.

What a joke..........
    I bet half of those dipshits are flippers. The other half are entitled.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Then there's this winner.
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=367038
    I guess this is TNFOA now.
    Ironically, I am a member of tngunowners[dot]com, which is the closest I could find to TNFOA.

Thinking of the person I was talking about in the OP, I find it interesting on how a "PaperPuncher" can find that there is "Never Enough" "Guacamole".

I was LMAO reading his CAA MCK blew apart post!

Karma!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Some of the better forums require a new member to have some time in or a minimum number of posts before you can list things for sale.l:
    Which I don't really understand. I mean, if you have something I want to buy, and I am willing to pay your price, I don't really care about your post count. Keeping you from listing it just inconveniences me.

I understand the motivation of preventing one-off spammers. I'm talking about the non-spam ads.

(Pike County)

i am genuinely curious..

whats with people selling ammo, F2F and want to see your drivers license and LTCF?

its one thing to give your LCTF and ID to an FFL during a handgun purchase (understandably). But for ammo purchase to a private individual, what will that accomplish? are you planning on verifying instantly somehow those are legit?

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    i am genuinely curious..

whats with people selling ammo, F2F and want to see your drivers license and LTCF?

its one thing to give your LCTF and ID to an FFL during a handgun purchase (understandably). But for ammo purchase to a private individual, what will that accomplish? are you planning on verifying instantly somehow those are legit?
    Slim chance of being caught and prosecuted for providing ammunition to a prohibited person. It could even be a 'sting'. Just because someone is paranoid , doesn't mean somebody else isn't out to get them. If they have a LTCF , there's a good chance they are not prohibited or have evil intent. Be a shame if ya sold ammo with your fingerprints on it and the cases end up at a shooting scene.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

i am genuinely curious..

Quite frankly, if someone asks to see my LTCF to buy ammo, I'd tell them to piss up a rope. To answer your question more constructively though, technically, if you do something naughty, Sheriff's Department is supposed to send you a letter saying you have 5 or 7 days to surrender your LTCF, and I believe you get charged with another crime if you fail to do so.

i am genuinely curious..

Depends on how young the buyer looks; a misdemeanor 1 is a lifetime loss of firearm rights:

§ 6302. Sale or lease of weapons and explosives.

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree if he sells or causes to be sold or leases to any person under 18 years of age any deadly weapon, cartridge, gunpowder, or other similar dangerous explosive substance.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast