Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Looking for a short carbine intro training course around Pittsburgh

The spouse has expressed an interest in a very short, basic intro to carbine type instruction/familiarization. Really something not longer than say an hour or two. One of her personal requirements is that the teacher be ex-military, LEO, or something similar, no ordinary civilians (regardless of how much training/experience they have). Anyone have any recommendations?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Looking for a short carbine intro training course around Pittsburgh

I think FIRE Institute just had a carbine course.
    Look them up for their schedule.
    (Pittsburgh)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sblzrd65 View Post
    The spouse has expressed an interest in a very short, basic intro to carbine type instruction/familiarization. Really something not longer than say an hour or two. One of her personal requirements is that the teacher be ex-military, LEO, or something similar, no ordinary civilians (regardless of how much training/experience they have). Anyone have any recommendations?
    Get her one on one training with 360 Performance Shooting or Protective shooting concepts. Both instructors were in the Navy.

Both of those companies are local and both very good. There are very few other options in the area worth it.

And if I'm going to be perfectly frank, her requirement of law enforcement or military is absolutely pants on head retarded. I would love to hear her reasons for this opinion.

(Washington County)

We do one-on-one training and our intro to AR is 2-hours. 10th Mountain Infantry and current certified PA State Constable. Send me an email for details.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by HRoark View Post
    Get her one on one training with 360 Performance Shooting or Protective shooting concepts. Both instructors were in the Navy.

Both of those companies are local and both very good. There are very few other options in the area worth it.

And if I'm going to be perfectly frank, her requirement of law enforcement or military is absolutely pants on head retarded. I would love to hear her reasons for this opinion.
    I also recommend these two companies. Also don't recommend that mil/leo experience be a requirement.

Another option is to look at the offerings from OnSight Firearms Training. I recommend them as well.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I also recommend these two companies. Also don't recommend that mil/leo experience be a requirement.

Another option is to look at the offerings from OnSight Firearms Training. I recommend them as well.
    UPCOMING PA classes.
    https://oftllc.us/events/category/pennsylvania/list/

OnSight Firearms Training - www.onsightfirearmstraining.com

(Washington County)

I can also recommend OnSight Firearms Training.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796