Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default New to Pennsylvania. What should I know?

Hey all, recent escapee from the People’s Republic of Kalifornistan, living in Chesco currently.

How is the process for obtaining a LTCF?

Are other states CCWs reciprocal if I am a resident?

How is PA with 80% pistol lowers? Mail order?

Can I purchase with my temporary paper license?

Thanks! I am looking forward to my newfound freedom, and contributing to the pool of red voters here in PA. Love it here so far.

(Butler County)

Default Re: New to Pennsylvania. What should I know?

Welcome and congrats escaping that communist hell hole!

Your LTCF is acquired by visiting your county Sheriff's Office. Visit the sheriff's office website for details on how to obtain, as a lot of them are appointment only and booked for months.
    Most states south and west of PA have reciprocity with PA. Here is a helpful map. https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...p/pa-gun-laws/
    As of right now, 80% lowers are legal and mailable, but that's been contested recently and may have changed.
    If your license is a valid temporary PA license, I'd think it would be OK but IANAL and don't know for sure.
    -Brandon

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromCali View Post
    Hey all, recent escapee from the People*s Republic of Kalifornistan, living in Chesco currently.

How is the process for obtaining a LTCF?

Are other states CCWs reciprocal if I am a resident?

How is PA with 80% pistol lowers? Mail order?

Can I purchase with my temporary paper license?

Thanks! I am looking forward to my newfound freedom, and contributing to the pool of red voters here in PA. Love it here so far.
    1. Apply at your County Sheriff's office, most often located at the county courthouse. Some will issue while you wait, some will take the full 45 days allowed by law, not sue how Chester County does it.

2. https://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf Great resource for firearms carriers.

3. Mail order = yes. A few months ago the Attorney General tried to change this, but got spanked. I bought an 80% lower as an FU to him, arrived at my door USPS.

4. Temporary Driver's License? I believe so, I have purchased with a paper Change of Address card.

5. Bonus advice: Don't vote like you want Pennsylvania to be exactly like California. We are on the way there slowly, don't speed it along.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Welcome.

Fun fact:
    Long guns (rifles/shotguns) can be purchased "face to face" between two PA residents without needing an FFL transfer.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    1. Apply at your County Sheriff's office, most often located at the county courthouse. Some will issue while you wait, some will take the full 45 days allowed by law, not sue how Chester County does it.

2. https://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf Great resource for firearms carriers.

3. Mail order = yes. A few months ago the Attorney General tried to change this, but got spanked. I bought an 80% lower as an FU to him, arrived at my door USPS.

4. Temporary Driver's License? I believe so, I have purchased with a paper Change of Address card.

5. Bonus advice: Don't vote like you want Pennsylvania to be exactly like California. We are on the way there slowly, don't speed it along.
    California SUCKS. There’s a reason why I left it. All of the patriots are leaving that terrible place and bringing their red votes with them and I’m one of them. Idaho is full of displaced Californian patriots and well and that state was quite lopsided to the red side this election.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Welcome.

Fun fact:
    Long guns (rifles/shotguns) can be purchased "face to face" between two PA residents without needing an FFL transfer.

Well..... I’m in need of a new long gun. Good to know!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromCali View Post
    California SUCKS. There*s a reason why I left it. All of the patriots are leaving that terrible place and bringing their red votes with them and I*m one of them. Idaho is full of displaced Californian patriots and well and that state was quite lopsided to the red side this election.
    Thanks, not picking on you in particular, but PA has a lot of NY/NJ transplants who did the same thing you have done, and have turned the eastern part of this state into a liberal/progressive stronghold, and created the situation we are in now. Lifelong rural Pennsylvanians have lost our state because of it. I'm just asking you not to be a part of that continuation.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Thanks, not picking on you in particular, but PA has a lot of NY/NJ transplants who did the same thing you have done, and have turned the eastern part of this state into a liberal/progressive stronghold, and created the situation we are in now. Lifelong rural Pennsylvanians have lost our state because of it. I'm just asking you not to be a part of that continuation.
    Yes unfortunately, the NY/NJ influence is clear and it's disappointing. I am very likely to be a NJ transplant very soon as we are looking at getting to PA after the holidays. Rest assured my wife and I bring only red votes! We've voted in every election here in NJ and, as conservatives, are sick of being in the lower 30% tier of election results.

Due to work and family, we will still need to be close to NJ and NY so we're looking in Northampton and Lehigh Counties. I know those tend to run a bit blue but how bad is it there? We've visited a few times and are heading back Thursday to continue checking out neighborhoods. Any recommendations on where to eat or grab a good beer?