Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pa GOP getting some balls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pine_view View Post
    Nah, it*s not their duty to post up at every polling place, but if there is trouble it is the sheriff*s office who is charged with law and order at the polls. They didn*t need to be there at all, probably just wanted to be out with extra high perceived tensions this year.
    Exactly....
    For obvious security theater.

I work at the local polling place, it was right in the manual that voting is everyone's right and you could not deny anyone not wearing a mask. you could "request" or "suggest" but the guide said in no uncertain terms that no one could be forced to wear one or turned away for not wearing one.

To the guy that said his carry license raised eyebrows, that is also in the manual specifically as an acceptable form of ID.
    I did not wear one in line. I did not wear one inside. Others were doing the same. Later in the day they posted a sign saying masks were required.
    No way was I going to cast my vote in what I knew was going to be a dubious free election as an obedient serf.

(Warren County)

No mask for me on voting day.

No ID required, - they all knew me. I am the "Local Color" in our little village.

Voted, put my " I voted" sticker on the clip of my IWB holster, picked up my Granddaughter and off we went.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Yes, we can deputize an election-day constable to work the polls in our place. I don't know if it's possible to deputize more than one for multiple wards.
    It is in Montgomery Co. We get notices from the CCP that if we are going to appoint them, we need to do it by X date, and fill out this form for the Judge.

I know of one constable out here that has 9 polling places, and appoints deputies for them all.

I've only got the one myself, so I've never bother with it. I figure it is good to get to see and know the voters of my ward. I am polite, and if anybody questions what I do, I say it my job to make sure that no qualified voter is kept from reaching the polls. And I never discuss politics with any voter, or any staff there.

(Bucks County)

They didn’t need to be there at all, probably just wanted to be out with extra high perceived tensions this year.
    You are incorrect here. Would you like me to posts the statutes that makes it a crime if they aren't there? M3 misdemeanor.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    It is in Montgomery Co. We get notices from the CCP that if we are going to appoint them, we need to do it by X date, and fill out this form for the Judge.

I know of one constable out here that has 9 polling places, and appoints deputies for them all.

I've only got the one myself, so I've never bother with it. I figure it is good to get to see and know the voters of my ward. I am polite, and if anybody questions what I do, I say it my job to make sure that no qualified voter is kept from reaching the polls. And I never discuss politics with any voter, or any staff there.
    My understanding/ reading of the law is that the judge approves deputy constables for non election duties, but that for election duties the Constable himself has the authority to do so.

Of course, it isn*t my bailiwick.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    You are incorrect here. Would you like me to posts the statutes that makes it a crime if they aren't there? M3 misdemeanor.
    Yeah, sure. Not to argue it, I’d just be interested. I don’t usually see any law enforcement at my polling place. This year was the first year I worked at one and there was no constable or any law enforcement, but we had the sheriff’s number to call if we needed any help.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Yeah, sure. Not to argue it, I*d just be interested. I don*t usually see any law enforcement at my polling place. This year was the first year I worked at one and there was no constable or any law enforcement, but we had the sheriff*s number to call if we needed any help.
    Constable is a 6-yr elected office. I believe half of the offices in the state go vacant. Plus, as we discussed, some offices cover more than one ward. Therefore, any particular ward has less than 50% chance of having a constable.

If there's no constable where you live, you can literally win election with a few write-in votes. You'd have to go through the state training and get certified to work for the courts, but you can work the polls without the certification.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, sure. Not to argue it, I'd just be interested. I don*t usually see any law enforcement at my polling place. This year was the first year I worked at one and there was no constable or any law enforcement, but we had the sheriff*s number to call if we needed any help.
    No problem. Happy to help.

Title 44, 7152 and 7175

https://law.justia.com/codes/pennsyl...44/chapter-71/

§ 7152. Elections. The constable of a borough, township or ward, or his deputy, shall do all of the following:

(1) Be present at the polling place in each election district of the borough, township or ward at each election during the continuance of each election and while the votes are being counted, for the purpose of preserving the peace.

(2) Serve at all elections.

Cross References. Section 7152 is referred to in section 7163 of this title.

§ 7175. Criminal penalty. A constable who neglects or refuses to perform the duties under the act of June 3, 1937 (P.L.1333, No.320), known as the Pennsylvania Election Code, commits a misdemeanor of the third degree and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $500 or to imprisonment for not less than one month nor more than one year, or both.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It seems to be what they understand.
    I HATE to admit it, BUT it seems that if you "ain't" going to riot, loot, or attack your fellow citizens, THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK!!
    The squeaking wheel gets the grease.
    Perhaps the "squeaking wheel" should get REPLACED!!
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast