Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: 2024 Republican Presidential Ticket Ideas

^ Love that move.

https://www.wlrn.org/news/2021-03-29...liability-bill

DeSantis is the frontrunner to me.

I'd love a DeSantis/Noem ticket.

Real leadership:

Pennsylvania's leadership:

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bradford County)

I like DeSantis a lot, as far as I can like a politician. I think he *has* shown leadership and really stepped it up since this virus shit took over every waking moment of most peoples' lives. He does seem to have something of a 'fuck you, Washington' attitude which is also a good thing although my gut tells me he's more opportunistic than a true believer. Still...

Going to have to look into Noem a bit more. I'd like to research the kind of decisions either was making before they had the spotlight on them.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    The assassinations are starting. This is looking like another Kavanaugh hit job. These FBI-related things always "break" in the NY Times.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/03...m_campaign=719

The Matt Gaetz Leak Makes the FBI Look Really Stupid and Corrupt

Last night, amidst a slew of far more important stories, The New York Times sought to change the narrative from the disaster at the border by leaking about a supposed investigation involving Rep. Matt Gaetz. The report was based on anonymous sources giving very vague information about what might or might not be going on.

RedState covered this initially last night, and if Gaetz actually did something wrong, he should be held accountable.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) has been the subject of an inquiry by the US Department of Justice into whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and paid for her to travel with him. Three people who had been briefed on the matter told the New York Times that investigators are examining whether Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said.

For his part, Gaetz denies the claims. He went on Tucker Carlson*s show last night and named a person he alleges is trying to extort him. Later, RedState confirmed that Gaetz was telling the truth about his father wearing a wire for the FBI to investigate the matter. Where that leaves us is anyone*s guess. Gaetz is certainly a character, and his defense is a bit convoluted, but the fact that this was leaked via *three people briefed* is yet another black-eye for the FBI.

Really, it should bother everyone, no matter their feelings on Gaetz, that the FBI can just leak something like this, to attack someone in such a blatantly political way. When you are facing an anonymous allegation, you can*t respond to it in any effective manner. Just last night, the reporter behind the Times story appeared on Rachel Maddow*s show and countered Gaetz*s claim about the man he named, yet she did so offering no proof whatsoever. These games are rigged, and you aren*t supposed to be able to defend yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2021/...mailer-n353035

BREAKING: Gaetz Tells Tucker Sex Trafficking Allegation "Verifiably False," Names Alleged Blackmailer

Hours after the New York Times broke a story on the Justice Department investigating sex trafficking allegations against Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fl.), Gaetz appeared on Fox News* Tucker to refute the claims.

Asked about the story by Tucker Carlson, Gaetz says *It is a horrible allegation, and it is a lie.*

Gaetz reiterated claims made on Twitter and elsewhere that the allegations stem from a former Justice Department official who was attempting to blackmail him. That official, who Gaetz named as *David McGee,* contacted Gaetz*s father, according to the Republican House member.

Gaetz says his family went to the local FBI in Florida, who then asked his father to wear a wire in his next meeting with the extortionist, who wanted millions of dollars in a *down payment* for the ransom.

The original reporting by the New York Times was confirmed by three unnamed sources. Through our Managing Editor, Jennifer Van Laar, RedState has confirmed that Gaetz*s father did indeed wear a wire during the course of an investigation.

In the Times* original story, Gaetz is alleged to have traveled with an unnamed 17-year-old girl and the Justice Department*s investigation allegedly is centered around this travel, which appears to include sexual relations and compensation and is tied to a Gaetz ally, Joel Greenberg. During the interview with Carlson, Gaetz says his travel records can prove no such trips took place.

The Republican, who is an outspoken supporter of former President Donald Trump, says he is the target of a smear campaign in an attempt to remove him from power. Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Ca.) has already posted a statement on Twitter calling for Gaetz to be removed from the House Judiciary Committee.

Gaetz has called for the release of any and all tapes from the wire his father wore, and promises that there is enough documentation to prove the allegations are false.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.oann.com/gop-rep-gaetz-d...onduct-claims/

GOP Rep. Gaetz Denies Sexual Misconduct Claims, Says Allegations Are Part Of Elaborate Extortion Plot

Republican congressman Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) is fighting to protect his name as the Justice Department goes public with an investigation into his alleged involvement in the possible sex trafficking of a minor.

Gaetz responded to the allegations in an interview Tuesday. He said the claims are *verifiably false* and are part of an elaborate scheme to extort him as well as his family for $25 million. He went on to name former DOJ official David McGee* as the man who he believes planted the leak with the FBI. Yet, McGee has refuted Gaetz*s accusations byclaiming they are merely a way to distract from the investigation.

The allegations were first brought to light in an article published by The New York Times on Tuesday, which cited three sources briefed on the matter. The article claimed the inquiry into Gaetz was opened in the final months of the Trump administration under then-Attorney General William Barr to determine whether congressman had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and paid for her travel back in 2019.

Gaetz confirmed he and his father are cooperating with federal authorities. He added that the FBI instructed his father to wear a wire after they were reportedly approached by people who said they could *make the investigation go away.* The representative demanded the immediate release of those tapes, which he said implicate McGee and prove the allegations are false.

In a second interview, Gaetz said he has no plans to step down from his seat in the House. So far, no charges have been brought against him.
    Gaetz is a piece of shit. But he deserves his day in court to defend these allegations if it comes to that.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

PickingPA Guest

Noem caved to the woketopian gender crap. She has done a decent clean up job, but I think she lost some credibility

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456