Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Time to dial back the rhetoric and deal with things as adults

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    IMO Biden will serve two years and one day. Harris will serve out the all-but-two remaining years, run for a first full term, then run again for a second full term for a ten-year total.

This assumes that the Republicans maintain business as usual and nominate no real candidate appealing to moderate Democrats, who stands a better than even chance of winning.

That said, IMO it is time for the Republican leadership in this country to collectively and individually grow a set and do everything they can to out-Democrat the Democrats. Organize and have a clear unity of purpose in stalling, opposing, investigating, and generally roadblocking any and every Democrat initiative.

If I were Trump, for the next 6 weeks or so I would be issuing XOs daily, filling any Federal judge positions, and I'd start declassifying all manner of shit that I agreed not to when I took office, just to leave Biden and the Dems a controversial hot, stinking mess to deal with come the 3rd week in January. And in mid-Dec I would resign and allow Mike Pence to become President even if for a month. And I GTFO of the white house for good just in time to spend Christmas and New Years with my family at one of my properties. After which I start interviewing co-writers for the first of maybe a few memoirs, and I'd start lining up speaking engagements. Mike gets to hand over the keys to the WH.

Republican leaders won't do it, though. They don't have it in them to be the unified and ruthless total bastards it takes to constantly and figuratively tear up the rails, dig tank traps, and destroy bridges in front of the Democrats following the 3rd week of Jan, 2021, and keep at it for four years or more.

Noah
    I shit you not I was thinking the exact same thing as you.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lehigh County)

I will continue to fly OUR AMERICAN FLAG upside-down until justice is served. That may be soon or, as I am sorry to say, be quite a long time. I will not go quietly. We, patriotic Americans, should not go quietly. Diligence and ruthless determination are the hallmarks of victory!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    This is heartening as I'd feared Trump's bumbling would take down the party in general.
    Trumpism and American nationalism is the future of the republican party whether you like it or not. If you think we're going to bring back Bush/McCain/Romney neo-conservatism in 2024, you're going to be very disappointed.

This year, Trump got more votes than any other candidate in American history (except Joe Biden if you believe the numbers). He did this by running on an anti-establishment platform that was unapologetic about putting America first. The opposite of what all these neo-con RINOs have failed to run on for years.

PickingPA Guest

It may require Trump to start a new party. Too many Republicans have stabbed him in the back or at the very least not supported him.

It may take longer than 4 years to be solid and up and running though because it would siphon from R & L, making them anemic over time, but not achieving a large enough base to mount serious challenges to D up and down the tickets

The Trump Republicans can #walkaway and join him

There’s money there to get it off the ground, maintain until its self sufficient would be the challenge.

(Chester County)

All a new party will do is split the conservative votes, then you can kiss 2024 good bye. Moreover, swamp Republicans didn*t like Trump in 2016 and will hate him more in 2024. He*ll be 78 next time around... too old in my view.

In the end, Trump*s egomaniacal personality and thin skin did him in, (i.e., Twitter rants).

There are stories on the interwebs that Melania can*t wait to file for divorce, (i.e., their*s was a marriage of convenience).

It was fun while it lasted, but now time for DJT to go play golf at Mar-A-Lago seven days a week.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    So it appears that the golden boy lost the election. Too bad for Trump. However lets look at things from the standpoint as adults:

1. Republicans in general won or held ground across the state and nation. This is heartening as I'd feared Trump's bumbling would take down the party in general.

It hasn't and in Pennsylvania the Republicans appear to have held on to the state. On the national level the Democrats are once again faced with a situation where they will have to work together with Republicans to pass any legislation on that level.

2. Inflamatory rhetoric doesn't help anybody. Perhaps people feel strongly, but threatening to take back the country with force from the communist hordes which haven't appeared is only adding fuel to the fires of people on the other extreme who are likely saying the same things.

The more extreme the views expressed, the more that the people who want to brand gun owners as extremists win in the real fight over culture and values.

3. Time to stay vigilent, actively support pro 2A politicians and work on the grass roots efforts to keep our rights secure. Staying informed means no back door efforts to enact laws will survive to be passed.

4. I'll say it again. Tone down the rhetoric! Read up on how our electoral system works if you don't understand how the electorate works. I can't say I'm surprised that places like Philly, Pittsburg, Reno, Atlanta, Phoenix have gone for Biden. We all sort of knew this even before the election.

Truth is, in the end the majority did vote for the Democrat candidate. The electoral college only confirms the majority by making the final count decisive. Biden likely will be a one term president. Its time to start looking for a Republican for 2024 who will take back the White House.
    This is the exact response the left is counting on
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Wayne County)

For all of the members here speaking of turning down the rhetoric, what*s your game plan so that the dems don*t steal another election?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    For all of the members here speaking of turning down the rhetoric, what*s your game plan so that the dems don*t steal another election?
    They're moles

(Chester County)

For those that live under rocks or are just plain dishonest you will see in the coming days attacks on freedom like never seen before in this nation. Now is not the time to surrender. Now is the time to find the strength that is going to be needed to overcome and eliminate these usurpers of freedom. When they steal the Georgia Senate seats there will be nothing standing in the way of the US government from declaring private ownership of firearms illegal. This whole result was planned way in advance and we were warned of such from the perpetrators. I believe President Trump also knew of this plan from the start but didn't have enough power to derail this catastrophe but instead did all he could to put in enough Federal judges and Supreme Court Justices but it's about a dollar short on helping out the cause of freedom.

The democrats learned from taking over California how to harvest ballots and make sure they maintain control over the system. This was applied to the National level and credit where credit is due it worked just as they had planned. They harvest ballots, they sent in ballots that weren't legal and they eliminated as many Republican ballots as they could. This makes it a way forward for them to never cede power to Republicans ever again.

We hear from our forum eunuchs often enough that they never liked Trump because well they are eunuchs. This now has become serious business because in this new and improved voting system only ballots will be counted from now on and not actual votes from citizens. The democrats control the ballot box. It is up to us at this point to make a decision now because we have little time left before the onslaught of new laws begin to flow from a communist controlled government that has no intention of adhering to the US Constitution and no one will hold them to it. New speech laws, new guns laws, new laws on white privilege and permissible racial discrimination based on race. Anyone that opposes them will be fired from their jobs and become social outcasts. In fact we will become what China is now and that has been the plan from the start. I'm sorry if you are a eunuch go watch some football or take up knitting and let the adults make plans for the future because it will be readily apparent in a few short days that will be something that has to be done.
    Last edited by JenniferG; November 9th, 2020 at 01:48 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Tioga County)

It's times like these when you find out who the yellow bellies are.

I'm not dialing back anything, nor should anyone else. You don't win by being Romney. You don't defeat these evil scumsucking libtards by simping to them.

I believe the left should have every obstacle placed on them just as they threw it at Trump. Where's Hunter?

If the game is gonna be mail in ballots, well we can do that to.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast