Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Time to dial back the rhetoric and deal with things as adults

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Based on her giddy cell call to him I'm guessing January 20, 2021
    IMO Biden will serve two years and one day. Harris will serve out the all-but-two remaining years, run for a first full term, then run again for a second full term for a ten-year total.

This assumes that the Republicans maintain business as usual and nominate no real candidate appealing to moderate Democrats, who stands a better than even chance of winning.

That said, IMO it is time for the Republican leadership in this country to collectively and individually grow a set and do everything they can to out-Democrat the Democrats. Organize and have a clear unity of purpose in stalling, opposing, investigating, and generally roadblocking any and every Democrat initiative.

If I were Trump, for the next 6 weeks or so I would be issuing XOs daily, filling any Federal judge positions, and I'd start declassifying all manner of shit that I agreed not to when I took office, just to leave Biden and the Dems a controversial hot, stinking mess to deal with come the 3rd week in January. And in mid-Dec I would resign and allow Mike Pence to become President even if for a month. And I GTFO of the white house for good just in time to spend Christmas and New Years with my family at one of my properties. After which I start interviewing co-writers for the first of maybe a few memoirs, and I'd start lining up speaking engagements. Mike gets to hand over the keys to the WH.

Republican leaders won't do it, though. They don't have it in them to be the unified and ruthless total bastards it takes to constantly and figuratively tear up the rails, dig tank traps, and destroy bridges in front of the Democrats following the 3rd week of Jan, 2021, and keep at it for four years or more.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Everyone (including atheists) better say prayers that Republicans retain control of the Senate.
    I am thinking we are going to retain control of the White House too. A twofer.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    IMO Biden will serve two years and one day. Harris will serve out the all-but-two remaining years, run for a first full term, then run again for a second full term for a ten-year total.

This assumes that the Republicans maintain business as usual and nominate no real candidate appealing to moderate Democrats, who stands a better than even chance of winning.

That said, IMO it is time for the Republican leadership in this country to collectively and individually grow a set and do everything they can to out-Democrat the Democrats. Organize and have a clear unity of purpose in stalling, opposing, investigating, and generally roadblocking any and every Democrat initiative.

If I were Trump, for the next 6 weeks or so I would be issuing XOs daily, filling any Federal judge positions, and I'd start declassifying all manner of shit that I agreed not to when I took office, just to leave Biden and the Dems a controversial hot, stinking mess to deal with come the 3rd week in January. And in mid-Dec I would resign and allow Mike Pence to become President even if for a month. And I GTFO of the white house for good just in time to spend Christmas and New Years with my family at one of my properties. After which I start interviewing co-writers for the first of maybe a few memoirs, and I'd start lining up speaking engagements. Mike gets to hand over the keys to the WH.

Republican leaders won't do it, though. They don't have it in them to be the unified and ruthless total bastards it takes to constantly and figuratively tear up the rails, dig tank traps, and destroy bridges in front of the Democrats following the 3rd week of Jan, 2021, and keep at it for four years or more.

Noah
    I concur. Republicans can do two things to make a difference:

1. Grow a pair and stand up to D. BS the next two years, they'll reap the rewards in midterms.
    2. Nominate an actual frikkin' candidate for 2024.

As to Mr. Trump, I like your thoughts. Better yet, he goes balls-to-the-wall the next month, resigns to let Pence serve out the term, and launches "TNN" (Trump News Network) shortly thereafter.

All that said, I fear you're correct in your final assessment: Republican leadership doesn't have the stones for it. They'll go to their usual comfy spot of being the 'opposition'... Pissing and moaning about what the D's are doing, but mostly just obstructing without challenging. We need ruthless bastards practicing realpolitik, but we're likely to get milquetoast wafflers who whine and wheedle, but in the end just go-along/get-along and accept 'incremental losses' we can ill-afford to accept to preserve their positions.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I am thinking we are going to retain control of the White House too. A twofer.
    You will see Nancy Pelosi as president before you see Trump keep the white house.

(Wayne County)

Trump should appoint a Special prosecutor to investigate Biden and Son NOW! Let the scumbag dems try to talk their way out of interfering with an investigation.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The burden of that proof is on the accusers. To date there is no hard proof of fraud. There is only assumptions from people who have something to gain from the existence of alleged fraud.
    Oh look! We have a Republicrat among us. Do you still want to defund the police? I bet you don’t believe there was absolute bias in the mainstream media & social platform either, huh? And let me guess...you think it HUWHITE SUPREMES riotting & burning down the cities, huh?
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Trump should appoint a Special prosecutor to investigate Biden and Son NOW! Let the scumbag dems try to talk their way out of interfering with an investigation.
    I would make sure every foreign news outlet got a copy of Hunter's hard drive.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The burden of that proof is on the accusers. To date there is no hard proof of fraud. There is only assumptions from people who have something to gain from the existence of alleged fraud.
    Were the election laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania followed? That is a yes or no question.

And the answer is no.

Observers were blocked. The law wasn’t followed. Even if no cheating occurred, it makes the results suspect.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Were the election laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania followed? That is a yes or no question.

And the answer is no.

Observers were blocked. The law wasn*t followed. Even if no cheating occurred, it makes the results suspect.
    Well there you go just making sense.

I don't believe that's allowed anymore.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    So it appears that the golden boy lost the election. Too bad for Trump. However lets look at things from the standpoint as adults:

1. Republicans in general won or held ground across the state and nation. This is heartening as I'd feared Trump's bumbling would take down the party in general.

It hasn't and in Pennsylvania the Republicans appear to have held on to the state. On the national level the Democrats are once again faced with a situation where they will have to work together with Republicans to pass any legislation on that level.

2. Inflamatory rhetoric doesn't help anybody. Perhaps people feel strongly, but threatening to take back the country with force from the communist hordes which haven't appeared is only adding fuel to the fires of people on the other extreme who are likely saying the same things.

The more extreme the views expressed, the more that the people who want to brand gun owners as extremists win in the real fight over culture and values.

3. Time to stay vigilent, actively support pro 2A politicians and work on the grass roots efforts to keep our rights secure. Staying informed means no back door efforts to enact laws will survive to be passed.

4. I'll say it again. Tone down the rhetoric! Read up on how our electoral system works if you don't understand how the electorate works. I can't say I'm surprised that places like Philly, Pittsburg, Reno, Atlanta, Phoenix have gone for Biden. We all sort of knew this even before the election.

Truth is, in the end the majority did vote for the Democrat candidate. The electoral college only confirms the majority by making the final count decisive. Biden likely will be a one term president. Its time to start looking for a Republican for 2024 who will take back the White House.
    While I agree with ya cause it makes sense......most here won’t. Their hatred for the left now goes far beyond reason. Half of this nation literally despises the other, not realizing that you are only tearing down your fellow citizens.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast