Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Time to dial back the rhetoric and deal with things as adults

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Wow, only the most cowardly of cowards would crow for months about the downfall of Trump in 2016, disappear for 4 years because he was wrong, only to come slithering back after Trump's apparent reelection loss. I don't know that I've encountered a human with less shame.
    Every day you look in the mirror, sweetheart.

You guys banned me, remember? Too much winning.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Every day you look in the mirror, sweetheart.

You guys banned me, remember? Too much winning.
    PAFOA doesn't have 4 year bans. You caught a 1 month ban that expired a few days after Trump was elected. You could have stopped by and made amends, apologized to all those you attacked pre-election. You didn't, so my analysis stands and your piss-poor attempt at a comeback is recognized as lashing out when confronting an uncomfortable truth.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    So it appears that the golden boy lost the election. Too bad for Trump. However lets look at things from the standpoint as adults:

1. Republicans in general won or held ground across the state and nation. This is heartening as I'd feared Trump's bumbling would take down the party in general.

It hasn't and in Pennsylvania the Republicans appear to have held on to the state. On the national level the Democrats are once again faced with a situation where they will have to work together with Republicans to pass any legislation on that level.

2. Inflamatory rhetoric doesn't help anybody. Perhaps people feel strongly, but threatening to take back the country with force from the communist hordes which haven't appeared is only adding fuel to the fires of people on the other extreme who are likely saying the same things.

The more extreme the views expressed, the more that the people who want to brand gun owners as extremists win in the real fight over culture and values.

3. Time to stay vigilent, actively support pro 2A politicians and work on the grass roots efforts to keep our rights secure. Staying informed means no back door efforts to enact laws will survive to be passed.

4. I'll say it again. Tone down the rhetoric! Read up on how our electoral system works if you don't understand how the electorate works. I can't say I'm surprised that places like Philly, Pittsburg, Reno, Atlanta, Phoenix have gone for Biden. We all sort of knew this even before the election.

Truth is, in the end the majority did vote for the Democrat candidate. The electoral college only confirms the majority by making the final count decisive. Biden likely will be a one term president. Its time to start looking for a Republican for 2024 who will take back the White House.
    Good post! I hope the government is divided so that neither party gets all their ideas put into action. If we don't learn to work together for the good of the country we will be torn apart.

Maybe, as the older party-first politicians give up their positions or die off, we will get people to serve in leadership positions that care more about this country than keeping their party in power.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    PAFOA doesn't have 4 year bans. You caught a 1 month ban that expired a few days after Trump was elected. You could have stopped by and made amends, apologized to all those you attacked pre-election. You didn't, so my analysis stands and your piss-poor attempt at a comeback is recognized as lashing out when confronting an uncomfortable truth.
    Can topsy come back?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Can topsy come back?
    Is he still on this planet? or did he steal electricity from the wrong home

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Is he still on this planet? or did he steal electricity from the wrong home
    I dunno. But I miss those posts.

Free Topsy.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HDT20 View Post
    If we don't learn to work together for the good of the country we will be torn apart.
    You mean like how the Democrats worked with Trump, right?

Here are just SOME of Biden's great plans for us in regards to firearms - look for yourself at https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

1. Hold gun manufacturers accountable. (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.)
    2. Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. (Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban "assault weapons". Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of "assault weapons".)
    3. Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. (As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing "assault weapons" under the National Firearms Act.)
    4. Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. (two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.)
    5. Reduce stockpiling of weapons. (Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.)
    6. Require background checks for all gun sales.
    7. Close the *hate crime loophole.* (Biden will enact legislation prohibiting an individual *who has been convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime* from purchasing or possessing a firearm.
    8. End the online sale of firearms and ammunition. (prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.)
    9. Incentivize state *extreme risk* laws. (*red flag* laws)
    10. Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs. (require individuals to obtain a license prior to purchasing a gun.)
    11. Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.
    12. Hold adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms.
    13. Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. (Are they coming into our homes to verify?)
    14. Stop *ghost guns.* (passing legislation requiring that purchasers of gun kits or 3D printing code pass a federal background check - block the code used to 3D print firearms from being made available on the internet.)
    15. Prohibit the use of federal funds to arm or train educators to discharge firearms. (educators already have too much on their plates to also protect the safety of their students.)

Sounds absolutely smashing, right? So lets all grab our soy lattes, joyously join hands, sing Kum-Ba-Yah and work together on this for the good of the country. And the children.

You think this is just about Trump?

28 Nov 2020: The results of the 2020 Presidential elections is yet to be determined.

For those that have glee toward the idea of President Trump winning the 2020 election -- know this: that the suffering and destruction that will be by caused by a Biden/Harris global Marxist Satanist influenced administration and by the criminality corrupt Democratic and Republican parties will be shared by all!
    People that submit their minds to the left right paradigm instead of following that which true, good, noble, honorable and moral will be swept up in the bickering that will add to our nation's woes.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Banning should be banned.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    So it appears that the golden boy lost the election. Too bad for Trump. However lets look at things from the standpoint as adults:

1. Republicans in general won or held ground across the state and nation. This is heartening as I'd feared Trump's bumbling would take down the party in general.

It hasn't and in Pennsylvania the Republicans appear to have held on to the state. On the national level the Democrats are once again faced with a situation where they will have to work together with Republicans to pass any legislation on that level.

2. Inflamatory rhetoric doesn't help anybody. Perhaps people feel strongly, but threatening to take back the country with force from the communist hordes which haven't appeared is only adding fuel to the fires of people on the other extreme who are likely saying the same things.

The more extreme the views expressed, the more that the people who want to brand gun owners as extremists win in the real fight over culture and values.

3. Time to stay vigilent, actively support pro 2A politicians and work on the grass roots efforts to keep our rights secure. Staying informed means no back door efforts to enact laws will survive to be passed.

4. I'll say it again. Tone down the rhetoric! Read up on how our electoral system works if you don't understand how the electorate works. I can't say I'm surprised that places like Philly, Pittsburg, Reno, Atlanta, Phoenix have gone for Biden. We all sort of knew this even before the election.

Truth is, in the end the majority did vote for the Democrat candidate. The electoral college only confirms the majority by making the final count decisive. Biden likely will be a one term president. Its time to start looking for a Republican for 2024 who will take back the White House.
    I agree with you. Time to move on. If Biden is half as smart as Obama was, he won't try to push gun control. It's a losing issue for any Democrat politician. Remember that Obama only pushed it after Newtown, and by then he was essentially a lame duck.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast