Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default First exit poll of actual American votes from Israel shows big McCain win

First exit poll of actual American votes from Israel shows big McCain win [Tom Gross]

Within the last hour, the first exit poll of 817 Americans in Israel, who attended U.S. election voting events in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv on Tuesday evening to vote by absentee ballot, has been released.

A startling 76 percent of those polled said that they had voted for John McCain. This contrasts sharply with pre-election polls of American Jews in the U.S., which indicate a strong preference for Obama.

The exit poll findings of American voters in Israel are all the more surprising because less than one in four were registered Republicans, and 46% of registered Democrats living in Israel said they had crossed party lines to vote McCain. By contrast, the Republican crossover to Obama was minimal – just 2%.

The votes are significant as almost half of the 42,000 registered U.S. voters living in Israel come from key swing states including Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

In the 2000 and 2004 elections, Israel had the third-largest group of American voters abroad, after Canada and Britain.

The exit poll was commissioned by Votefromisrael.org, an independent, non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting voter registration and participation amongst American citizens living in Israel.

SARKOZY: OBAMA’S STANCE ON IRAN IS “UTTERLY IMMATURE”

More than half of the respondents listed foreign policy (including Israel and Iran policy) as the most important factor influencing their vote.

Separately, in a poll for the country’s largest newspaper, Yediot Ahronot, most Israelis in general (not just Americans living in Israel) said they would prefer McCain because they are concerned about the anti-Israeli positions of many of the people Barack Obama has appointed to advise him on foreign policy, and because – in the words of French President Nicolas Sarkozy as quoted in Tuesday’s Ha’aretz newspaper – Obama’s stance on Iran is “utterly immature” and comprised of “formulations empty of all content.”

In most countries, according to opinion polls, if the local populations had a vote in next week’s American elections, they would choose Obama over McCain.

Among the exceptions (where McCain would win) are Israel, Iraq, Georgia and the Philippines (all countries that have had to cope with terrorism).
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: First exit poll of actual American votes from Israel shows big McCain win

While D-FENS may not have been diplomatic, I think he does have a point.

You really don't need to just copy and paste every news article about politics into the forum.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: First exit poll of actual American votes from Israel shows big McCain win

5711-Marine,

can you please make ONE big "I hate Obama with a passion" thread, and keep all this trash in one place??

Ever since you got on board, looking at my RSS feed of this place makes me long for the days of Cell-phone spammers.

PLEASE, STOP POLLUTING THE FORUM WITH THIS IGNORANT TRASH.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    5711-Marine,

can you please make ONE big "I hate Obama with a passion" thread, and keep all this trash in one place??

Ever since you got on board, looking at my RSS feed of this place makes me long for the days of Cell-phone spammers.

PLEASE, STOP POLLUTING THE FORUM WITH THIS IGNORANT TRASH.

I receive PMs thanking me for posting items others have not seen, but you call it trash...

I'm torn...
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Lancaster County)

I actually enjoyed reading the article. Thank you for posting.

(York County)

I will have to add another thank you for posting.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    I receive PMs thanking me for posting items others have not seen, but you call it trash...

I'm torn...
    It becomes trash when you click on a section of this forum, and almost every single thread is made by the same person, on the same subject.

And they all have 1-star rating.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Northampton County)

Thumbs up Re: First exit poll of actual American votes from Israel shows big McCain win

I appreciate the relevent news stories that are posted by 5711-Marine. I certainly do not think of them as trash.

I'll read news stories from both sides of the aisle, I don't mind seeing them here whether they're pro or anti McCain/Obama.

(Chester County)

I don't mind reading them as well.. So of them are a bit "tin foiley" but the others are ok..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast