Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Young employee watched me entire time in store.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Maybe, but proper design accounts for human error.
    There has yet to be a design for any product that fully accounts for that. Never underestimate how stupid people can be.

(Monroe County)

Look what they did to gas can spouts, sued blitz for years because idiots poured gas on open fires and got lit up. So we got lawyer designed spouts now. No change, now the idiots just unscrew the spout and pours it right from the can...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Shame. Phasing out a perfectly good holster design because of poorly designed pistols.
    Oh lawd. Why do people insist that a design that requires you to use your trigger finger on the trigger area of the gun as you make the trigger available to that finger can possible be "a perfectly good holster"?

It was a bone headed idea when they designed it and it is still now. Good riddance.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    Oh lawd. Why do people insist that a design that requires you to use your trigger finger on the trigger area of the gun as you make the trigger available to that finger can possible be "a perfectly good holster"?

It was a bone headed idea when they designed it and it is still now. Good riddance.
    Actually, you have a better grip on the gun than the thumb design, since that design requires adjusting your grip between pressing the button/lever and firing. If you use the serpa correctly, you finger should be straight and end up on the frame above the trigger guard.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
    Actually, you have a better grip on the gun than the thumb design, since that design requires adjusting your grip between pressing the button/lever and firing. If you use the serpa correctly, you finger should be straight and end up on the frame above the trigger guard.
    A bad designs is one where a necessary action can lead to a fatal consequence... I don't know, maybe like putting the holster release by the trigger, forcing the user to depress their trigger finger into the gun just as the trigger becomes available.

I'm not sure you understand, I'm not saying it can't be used safely, I'm saying it's a horrible design just like it would be horrible to put a "wide open throttle" button next to the turn signal selector on a car. It just doesn't make sense and can't be defended as a design choice.

(Juniata County)

There has yet to be a design for any product that fully accounts for that. Never underestimate how stupid people can be.
    Fair
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post

^^^^^

I press and pull, and my thumb is on the middle of the slide.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

"anticipatable negligence".........lawyers have made careers on this.

(Schuylkill County)

Back OT
    You should write for the "Penthouse Forum" section of a gun magazine.

(Washington County)

+1 for throwing all the serpa holsters into a volcano.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast