(Erie County)

Default Thanks for nothing Libertarians

Libertarian votes greater than Trump/Biden in key states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lib...tes-biden-edge

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Thanks for nothing Libertarians

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    With good reason.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Libertarian votes greater than Trump/Biden in key states

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lib...tes-biden-edge
    No, most are done with the 2 party system. I'm sure others feel it can go die behind the woodshed too.
    Sorta how commies feel about democracy.

Repubs and dems are 2 shitty cheeks to the same ass.
    Wheres all that trump support now?
    Everyone is folding like wet cardboard, as soon as things start getting interesting. Yet is wasting no time time to blame everyone else for their own cowardice, weakness, and lack of resolve.

Keep kowtowing to the demoncraps.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    With good reason.
    If you mean guarantee a D, you're right. You'll never see D's objecting to you voting L.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(York County)

I feel the current Two Party system IS the problem. When your choices for president devolve into an ego maniac vs. a senile dimwit, no wonder the frustration.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    No, most are done with the 2 party system. I'm sure others feel it can go die behind the woodshed too.
    Sorta how commies feel about democracy.

Repubs and dems are 2 shitty cheeks to the same ass.
    Wheres all that trump support now?
    Everyone is folding like wet cardboard, as soon as things start getting interesting. Yet is wasting no time time to blame everyone else for their own cowardice, weakness, and lack of resolve.

Keep kowtowing to the demoncraps.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    We're in the midst of an erosion of the foundation that made America what it was. I'm disappointed more than anything that Americans would let it go this far.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I feel the current Two Party system IS the problem. When your choices for president devolve into an ego maniac vs. a senile dimwit, no wonder the frustration.
    Egomaniac who loves America more than himself....Totally fine with that.....accomplishments matter and everything he's accomplished has helped America and hurt The Deep State and Globalist Soros Empire. Fucking BRAVO !
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Egomaniac who loves America more than himself....Totally fine with that.....accomplishments matter and everything he's accomplished has helped America and hurt The Deep State and Globalist Soros Empire. Fucking BRAVO !
    Please save your preaching for Sunday services with the faithful. Not buying any more land in the Everglades.

(York County)

First off, always gotta say it, we're talking Libertarian (the party) not libertarian (the philosophy/outlook) here...

My suspicion is the vast majority of those "L" voters would simply not vote if they didn't have the L option.

Hell, the Libertarians spent the week prior to the election blasting out the 'it's okay to not vote' message on their site, Reason.com.

I consider myself a libertarian, but cannot support the Libertarian Party for various reasons - mostly ways in which I think they violate actual libertarian principles.

With one notable exception when I was young and dumb (Bill Clinton the first time) I vote Republican, essentially as being the more laissez-faire of the two. Under the current system I -do- think voting third party is more a throw-away than a 'protest'. I'd love to see ranked-choice or similar mechanism that gives 3rd parties more of a shot, but don't foresee that happening.

Even if either party 'splinters' I still don't see it. There have been a couple times a third party had a shot: the Bull Moose Party springs to mind first. They invariably just get sidelined. Ditto the Tea Party movement (which never had enough momentum to do anything real) and/or if the "Squad" types break with Dems to form a far-left party.
    DGAF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast